Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i must say this site has been nothing but GOLD since i found it. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!! saved myself alot of $$$$ and time. now i have just recieved a full set of 5 17" rims and tires from a 97 f-150 with brand new rubber with a metric bolt patter of 5x135 ..i have a 1990 fsb with the 5x5.5 bolt pattern which just happens to be 139.7 when converted to metric.....now the only option i can think to get these mounted are to modify the rim a couple mm which i can tell you worked for me previously ( i took a spare from an f150 and filed it out to fit never had a problem ..looked awesome!).....but i thought id throw this question out there ..IS THERE any other option i have? ive debated redrilling the rotors which seems impossible or adaptors which i feel arent the best idea for a 4x4 any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
636 Posts
IIRC, the 97 wheels are mainly centered up on the hub. You're talking about slotting the holes on the rims out by about 6mm. You could lose some strength in the lugnut area by doing that, especially if they are tapered. You might be better off trying to find adapters to do the job. You could redrill the rotors, possibly. They would probably be okay. As for the back, you could probably take the axleshafts out of a 97, but you would probably want the whole axle. I don't remember for sure, but I think most of them had disk brakes out back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya the wheels do slide right onto the hub front and back making it center perfectly with only 2mm out of the lug holes making a very nice tight fit.. 139.7-135= 4.7 it just seems really rediculously easy and makes my bronco look alot newer...i have also reamed the holes so the lug nuts fit securely in the holes. i probably will do all 5 rims but before i started i thought id get some feedback :p thanks again i didnt wanna post as a tech wrte up cause im pretty sure someone out there would call me retarded for stretching lug holes on a rim :p instead of just getting new rims........so until then......im trying :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i mounted a pair and so far they dont do much except LOOK AMAZING!!! no binding on the lugs i guess ill try the other 2 rims and see what happens ...another question ...dodge ram 1500 rims.......18-22" ..........same bolt pattern.......anyone dabble in this mix n match blasphemy?? i do realize 2 rims would need to be hole sawed for manual hubs but the template is on the back of the rim to just saw right through there :p anyone try this ? i like the way the 17s look and i totally think it gives the bronco a much needed update and 18s would probably do the same for my truck without having to file the lugs any help at all again...is greatly appreciated :beer pics up soon :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hell yeah, get the Pix up. That may be the way to go. Are you using deep-tapered lugnuts? That could posssibly make it strong enough. The only thing with the fronts- are you talking about the center caps, or the rims themselves?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DAY 1

Ok i got all the rims mounted and so far not a single issue the key is to taper the hole down so the lug fits snug (were talking millimeters) Overall appearance was dramatically increased (pics up asap). Total time- 6 pack. total cost ...$19 dremel from princess auto and said 6-pack :beer :drinkbud :rockon

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
STILL GOING STRONG

OK so far ive gone wheeling and camping and at least 1000km ON THE ROAD on this setup without a problem ...ive actually tried to go a little harder than i normally do up the trails to see if i could make something happen only to be mistaken...slowly the sketchy feeling is going away and now i can just relax:thumbup haha im still trying to find a set of 22s from a dodge and see if i can mount up some rig tires ...why not ....i love ghetto cheap but ghetto ballin :wacko BALLER!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts