Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last chance Kidz to grab this thing. $5,500.00. Cali tags are still dead so I highly suggest that someone in another state consider this instead. You won't be disappointed......

Second owner since 2001, 155k original miles, 460 c.i., E4OD, power mirrors & windows, a/c, factory tint, custom rims, bed liner, tool box, 3 tow packages, Blaupunkt cd/stereo, body is a 9, interior is an 8.5, all original, all records, oil changes every 3000 miles. Runs excellent. Get it while it's hot........:toothless

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
OMG i just found what i have to sell my big block bronco for..... mmmmm

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If that were a Diesel, it would be on the way to SC! Free bump for a sweet truck, good luck!

clackclackclackclacksmellsmellsmellclackclackclackclacknoxiousodorsstinkysmokeclackclackloudandsmellyannotingclackclack.............:histerica

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,595 Posts
clackclackclackclacksmellsmellsmellclackclackclackclacknoxiousodorsstinkysmokeclackclackloudandsmellyannotingclackclack.............:histerica
I LOVE that sound/milage/torque/smell

as long as it isn't accompanied by sss...sss...sss...sss......sssss....sssss...ssss.....sssss...flopwrinklewrinkleflopflop (flat tire):duh

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Ricky,

Why aren't the tags up to spec and why does it gotta be so expensive? =)

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ricky,

Why aren't the tags up to spec and why does it gotta be so expensive? =)
1). Had it down in Baja for a few years.

2). Didn't Non-op it cuz I didn't think I'd ever bring her back up here.

3). Sacramento doubled the registration fees about 2 1/2 years ago. I just got caught up in their trap, rotten bastards...........

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Ricky.. FYI I thought I remember you telling me you submitted the NON-OP and payment in the mail before you took it to Mexico

Taken from http://skrewdmv.tripod.com/

California Vehicle code

§9557. (a) No penalty shall be imposed for delinquent payment of any fee required to be paid under this code in the event any instrument for effective payment of such fee is placed in the United States mail or in any postal box maintained by the United States Postal Service with sufficient identification in an envelope with postage thereon prepaid and addressed to the Department of Motor Vehicles at Sacramento, or to one of the regularly established branch offices of the department or to any person or organization authorized by the department under Section 4610, prior to the date or time the fee becomes delinquent.
(b) Any person so mailing an instrument for payment of any fee may file with the department a certificate in writing showing compliance with the provisions of this section. The certificate shall be accepted by the department as prima facie evidence of such mailing.

Late registration penalties are quite severe and may
amount to 180% of the original fees.
These fees do not have to be paid if the original
payment was lost in the mail.

For this one you will need to fill out the STATEMENT OF FACTS at BOX H (the box with all the lines) with the sentence

** All fees were placed in the US Mail before the due date and the vehicle is exempt from late registration penalties.**

If you are loopholing multiple years be sure to have a separate form for each year.
The form should be signed by whoever put the fees in the mail.
You can also write the above sentence on
a blank sheet of paper with a date and
signature at the bottom. Under the signature write
the sentence

**I Certify under penalty of perjury under the laws
of the State of California that the information entered by me
on this document is true and correct.**

This one is so obscure it never fails to flabbergast the clerk.
Be persistent, demand a supervisor
and you will get your way, EVENTUALLY!!

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
This is for the smog but might help with the reg as well

Option #1

When is Bienniel Smog required?

Vehicles with VIN numbers (not license plate numbers) ending in an even-digit require inspection in even years;
vehicles with odd-ending digit or a letter require inspection in odd years.

I could not find the basis for this loophole within California Law so I assume that the waiver is based upon the Constitutional right of citizens to freely cross state borders with their personal property.
The only place to get a California Smog is in the State of California.

If you look at Box B (entitled Certificate of Compliance Exemption) of the DMV form called 'STATEMENT OF FACTS' you will see this line:

[ ] Vehicle is located outside the State of California.
( Exception: Nevada and Mexico)

This one works in all situations.
This loophole is only meant for those whose vehicles are legitimately out of the State and whose owners face a Catch-22 situation. When you use this one, sometimes the clerk will give you the Registration and stickers, and sometimes they will mail them to the out-of-state address that you MUST provide on the back of the STATEMENT OF FACTS...
Be sure to provide a valid out-of-state address, otherwise the post office will return the reg. and stickers to Sacramento, and you will then have to phone your local DMV and give them your California address so that Sacramento will resend the papers to you.

PLEASE do not abuse this loophole...OK...TEX..

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright Kidz, last call----first $5,000.00 drives her away to her new home.

And please don't make me get nasty about this.................:smokin:

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
That is a sexy truck, to bad I'm on the east coast...Bump for ya!!

KC

·
OMG its almost a
1,367 Posts
Any luck So Cal?.......:smokin:
I'm trying. Buddy of mine who lives in So Cal wrecked his truck 2 weeks ago or so on the 10 fwy. He waiting to hear what insurance is gonna pay him for his truck. I told him about yours and he was STOKED so as soon as I hear from him i'll let you know. Gonna text him now.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm trying. Buddy of mine who lives in So Cal wrecked his truck 2 weeks ago or so on the 10 fwy. He waiting to hear what insurance is gonna pay him for his truck. I told him about yours and he was STOKED so as soon as I hear from him i'll let you know. Gonna text him now.
Perfect..........

·
OMG its almost a
1,367 Posts
Perfect..........
Ehhh no dice! I tried. He's getting back about 8k from his truck and wants to buy a newer (04-05) F-150 or Titan. I'm still interested in it but with all this BS with my car accident and injuries and such its gonna be a while before i see any $ out of that.

:beer

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ehhh no dice! I tried. He's getting back about 8k from his truck and wants to buy a newer (04-05) F-150 or Titan. I'm still interested in it but with all this BS with my car accident and injuries and such its gonna be a while before i see any $ out of that.

:beer
$3k now, $2k later.......:smokin:

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright Kidz, I'm leaving town for a month long road trip starting Tuesday------so please help me get this baby out of my driveway this weekend. :smokin:

Tick, tock, tick, tock....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts