Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, my lady wants to go to town. But she tries to crank the Durango and it won't start. It was like it wasn't getting any gas. So my first thought is that the gas is too low. I put gas in it (to about 1/8) and it does the same.

My next thought is the fuel pump. So I switch it on but can hear the pump activating. I find the little fuel button near the engine and press it, only to get squirted with gasoline. So it's getting fuel to the engine. It does the same.

I take it a step further and squirt some ether into it, and it does the same.

My next thought, if it's not the fuel supply, is that maybe it's not firing. I take the time to check the coil, and it fires fine. Then, I check each spark plug and they fire fine.

So tell me, fellas, what am I missing? Is there anything else I can try so that it doesn't have to go to a shop?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
check out dodgetalk.com, its the FSB of dodges.

Im guessing it has the 360?

·
Registered
812 Posts
That almost sounds like the same issue my uncle had with his 98 Grand Caravan. Everything seemed perfect, but it just wouldn't start. Turns out, it was electrical gremlins that have been haunting him for years. The gremlins were located in the dash cluster. A couple swift bangs on the dash over the instrument cluster would usually make it work. He's since replaced the cluster and hasn't had any issues since.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Battery/Alternator....:doh0715:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Battery/Alternator....:doh0715:
These work fine. It tries to turn over, it just won't start up. I didn't think about the fuel injection ports or the timing. I'm gonna check on the ports this weekend and see if that will fix it. God, I hope it's not the timing on it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts