Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
166 Posts
I went through this about a month ago trying to get a single Hankook from the local tire shop for the F-150. It took 2 weeks to get a tire and mine already had a lag bolt through the sidewall. Lucky for me we were rain free for that time and I just rode the motorcycles. You have something else to drive to not risk the blowout don't you?

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
With all the fords I own, you'd think so... But they all have some issue I have yet to deal with.

I do have the set of wheels and 33" nittos I took off that were too big. I should probably swap them on for the time being. That would make it easier to put the new tires on the wheels too. Just drop em off instead of having to wait.

Luckily the only blowout ive had was a 25" tire on a 17" wheel. With such a short sidewall, it was pretty uneventful.

Reactions: HarryGnuts

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
166 Posts
The joys of a full spare set. Those 33's look pretty good on there, why not just cut the body to make them fit lol

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
The joys of a full spare set. Those 33's look pretty good on there, why not just cut the body to make them fit lol
I had already cut two inches out of the back side of the front fenders in those pics. The firewall and fender support structure is whats in the way now. And really width was the issue on all four corners. They rubbed on the inner wheel tubs. They rub everywhere lol!

·
Addicted to Junk
12,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
They have arrived!

20200720_142253.jpg

·
Registered
166 Posts
Those are gonna look awesome on that van! No 4x4 conversion yet?

·
Addicted to Junk
12,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Those are gonna look awesome on that van! No 4x4 conversion yet?
No, cause this van is so rusty, it wouldnt be worth it. Though I have everything needed lol

Im excited to have traction!

Reactions: mattmann

·
Addicted to Junk
12,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Mounted, balanced, and installed. M&B was 72 plus tax.

For those that missed it: 245/75R16 Interco Irok ND. 140 bucks a piece from 4WP. 31.5x9.5 for us non-metric folk

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,233 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the Maxx BigHorn cheapo's I picked up for the '73 when the 315 BFG's put me too high and jacked the plow angle. They look kinda small but aggressive. The '73 doesn't get off the property much, so they'll probably outlast me.
Hope they work out for ya out there.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Kinda reminds me of the Maxx BigHorn cheapo's I picked up for the '73 when the 315 BFG's put me too high and jacked the plow angle. They look kinda small but aggressive. The '73 doesn't get off the property much, so they'll probably outlast me.
Hope they work out for ya out there.
These were cheaper than the Maxxis Bighorns by like 40 bucks a tire. Unless it was a cheap chinese brand, these were the cheapest mud-ish tire I could find. And I know they work well in all terrains.

Though now I may get into a hairier situation than i need to be. Been pondering making a front hitch for my cradled winch. I could buy one for a bit over a 100, but it sits too low and I can do it better.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,233 Posts
Huh. I think I paid $80 ea. including mount/balance at the start of plow season, from Les Schwab for those BigHorns. Cheapest LS had on the shelf at the time and I was in a pinch to get the gig done, with snow piled up in the drive and a blade that couldn't go 2 ft. without dig/slap-back/dig. That was a few years back though.

A winch on a 2wd van. You're boldly going where few have bothered before my friend. ;)
If you're seriously worried about getting stuck and going to destinations like that... perhaps it's really time to consider 4x? Now you've had the van long enough to know what you can and want to really do with it.

Reactions: cwegga

·
Addicted to Junk
12,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Huh. I think I paid $80 ea. including mount/balance at the start of plow season, from Les Schwab for those BigHorns. Cheapest LS had on the shelf at the time and I was in a pinch to get the gig done, with snow piled up in the drive and a blade that couldn't go 2 ft. without dig/slap-back/dig. That was a few years back though.

A winch on a 2wd van. You're boldly going where few have bothered before my friend. ;)
If you're seriously worried about getting stuck and going to destinations like that... perhaps it's really time to consider 4x? Now you've had the van long enough to know what you can and want to really do with it.
Well ive got the cradled winch for the bronco. Would be simple to throw it in the van on a road trip just in case. Maybe just a come-a-long would work just as well.

The places i found had bighorns for I think about 180.

Man, id love to do the 4x4 conversion, but every time i work on this van I find more and more rust. And the 4x4 swap would include a zf5 swap, which means sourcing or making pedals. I have all the big pieces to do it, just dont wanna put the work into something so far gone underneath. And its got this dang ol v6 that just keeps on running! It has as much HP as your bronco lol, but only like 260 ft/lbs. 165k on the clock now.

The types of places ive had this 2wd van are more than most would ever dream of.

Reactions: BikerPepe`

·
Registered
166 Posts
Maybe just a come-a-long would work just as well.
No, No they don't. You will be cranking on that come along cursing yourself for not bringing the winch. The hour or so of labor to make the hitch bracket and wiring would pay for itself the first time you used it.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
No, No they don't. You will be cranking on that come along cursing yourself for not bringing the winch. The hour or so of labor to make the hitch bracket and wiring would pay for itself the first time you used it.
Yeah, you're right. Ive got a solo trip coming up out to Cedar Bluff, Monument Rocks, and that area out there. Not much for people in that area of KS. Might have to get myself unstuck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, that looks like a cool place. I did the whole come along is just as good thing in my range rover. When it got stuck I was in our old chip pile and buried it to the bumper. It took 3 full runs on that come along to get me out and I would have to crank for a bit, get in it, pull forward a little, and repeat. I threw the come along away out of frustration and hard mounted a badlands 12k

·
Addicted to Junk
12,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Gonna be hitting a lot of places out there. Cheyenne Bottoms, Mnmt Rocks, Castle Rock, Cedar bluff reservoir (where ill camp), El Cuartelejo Pueblo, and Lake Scott. Taking the kayak and metal detector too.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You take some killer vacations! There is some pretty good pheasant hunting out in that area as well. Will you be out there during season? 11/9/20 to 1/15/21

·
Addicted to Junk
12,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
You take some killer vacations! There is some pretty good pheasant hunting out in that area as well. Will you be out there during season? 11/9/20 to 1/15/21
This is one is nothing compared to usual. The ol van has been up numerous mountain passes, from paved to "4x4 recommended".

Nah, ill be out there in a few weeks probably. No tentative date yet. We've got a good amount of quail up here but not many pheasant. Never been much of a bird hunter, since i moved on from pellet guns at least... Taken a few turkey, quail, and canada geese. And two deer.

161 - 180 of 196 Posts