Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 8.8 is shot blown mushroom seal caused me to have 1/2 of play in the rear axle. My EB BKO has the towing/plowing package on it, i do alot of high speed turns and doughnuts and drifting with it. I love having my rear swaybar but im putting in a 9in, will the flat spots on the 9in work with the brakets for the rear swaybar? and i plan on making the frame connectors shorter so i stop hitting those mystery obsticles in deep mud holes.

p.s. i did search

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ive looked at it but wasnt sure it would fit, and that rear sway bar is the reason it hasent rolled, i also do the backwards spinarounds

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wow, I used to do that stuff in my free junkers, reverse 180's, e-brake skids at 40 mph, shopping cart hunting and so on. But all the Bronco's and TTB trucks I've had don't like turning that much. But if you can do it and be safe have fun man (and be on an industrial park road with with one around like I used to)

Pat

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
i do alot of high speed turns and doughnuts and drifting with it.
You may want to look into a roll bar.. or roll cage...

I don't mean to be rude, but that's kind of suicidal in a Bronco. Not to mention just plain ... well, dumb.

Why not go play in the mud like a normal Bronco owner? :D

It's more fun (IMO), and safer.. as long as you don't get in over your head.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awsome pic info, but my 9in doesnt have the little nobs just huge flat spots in the front by the third member. It does seem that the hoop over the third member is too wide to fit brakets where i wanted. Ill measure it out and get back to this. FIDDLER i DO play in the mud, and i guess i should mention that only doughnuts, burnouts, and highspeed turns are done on pavement. it also helps to know ppl that own farms with unplanted fields. i didnt think shopping cart hunting was that popular i do it all the time at the mall, and ive run into fellow bronco owners without damagin either bumper. not to mention moving dumpsters behind cars so they cant get out.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill try next weekend video next weekend, i need pics of my BKO muddy anyhow

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how does 70 around a 30 sound?? if not im stuck with off road turns then. rollcage is on my list of things to do but i have alot more work to do before that, ill stick to the helmet for now. and if you want ill go over the only jump i can find that has had my truck about a foot off the ground.

·
Registered
465 Posts
jeez, and i though i was young and dumb. I do my fair share of stupid stuff in my truck, but i know both my trucks and my limits. Bud dont think thats skill thats keepin you from flippin your truck. Its luck. This crap you brag about how ur truck does donuts and stuff on dry pavement isnt smart to do on here. Im suprised you havent been flamed worse than you have.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Go poly on the sway bar bushings

made a huge handling difference to mine

piece of cake to install too !

Sixlitre

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Heck I almost crap my pants doing the speed limit on the interstate ramps that make that tight turn.
I can out corner a lot of cars in those turns

Sixlitre

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
all my bushings are goin energy suspension red poly. i dont beat my truck and i dont do ridiculous crazy things, i have complete control of it when im doin these things,(except the backwards 180's those are fairly hard to keep control unless your on a slanted field. and considering that our BKO's are so freakin wide and heavy with a frame and our axles, this i put into my thoughts when i do stuff like this. i have only heard/seen two BKO's that rolled accidently, one in the junkyard and one of my friends dad while wheelin.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts