Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, refilled the AC in my 95 EB. Still needs about 12 more oz., but something is causing my fan to stop blowing. It only happens when I stay above 1600 RPMs for about 15 seconds. Then if I let off the gas for 3-4 seconds the blower starts working again.
It happens while on Normal and Max air, and from 45 to 75 MPH. Tried shutting the AC off and on, and changing the fan settings to all speeds with no change.
Could this be due to needing more refrigerant or maybe a compressor issue? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i think you have a vacuum problem, to check this run the air and and make it cut out, but when it does put your hand up by the windshield defroster vent, and see if it is blowing there if so u may have a vacuum leak.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Is your fan actually shutting off completely or is it just redirecting up to the defrosters? It sounds like a leaky vacuum line in your a/c unit. There's tons of threads here discussing it. I'm about to replace my vac line also. Look at the photo of my engine bay. Look in the top left corner and you'll see a white line leading up toward a brass colored device. That's the vacuum line and the vent control device. It's small and over the years, it develops fine cracks in it and causes the vents to want to stay on Defrost or switch back and forth according to the amount of vacuum in the system. Mine does it also as does many others here. replace the line and clean up any other vacuum leaks you have and you shouldn't have the problem any more

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check that vacuum line in the morning. I really suck at searching on this site. I've found threads for almost everything I needed to know on here, but must have missed the ones about this.

Thanks for the advice and I'll post the findings tomorrow.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all!:beer
It was the white vacuum line. So brittle it broke as soon as I touched it. Followed it into the wire guard and it was fine. Extra tubing in the garage did the trick and it works fine now.
Thanks again and I'll search better next time......

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
i have that same acceleration/air defrost thing, gonna fix the tubing tomorrow.. but i also have this, when it idles, my a/c will blow warm air, then cold, warm, cold etc..how do i remedy that problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts