Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to clean leaves out of my blower system, I removed the kick panel by the passengers foot and accessed the vent there and found it to be about 6-8 inches deep in dirt and leaves. So now I removed the blower motor itself and found tons more. How hard is it, or should I remove the evaporator assembly housing to clean further?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I dont know how to help you on this one, but I would like to do this to mine. Do you know or anyone else if the process would be the same on my 89 as your 86? Would i be able to get the vent at the passenger kick panel too?

Where do you get to the blower motor from?
I am replacing the heater coil on mine since its leaking and would like to clean it all out while I'm at it.

I bet this will improve the amount of air blowing, prevent a fire, and prolly smells alot better too:toothless

Did you notice any improvements 86 Bronco?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It blows so much more air it's like having an extra speed on the blower and the air has got to be about 20 degrees cooler. I used to keep it on Hi all the time but today I kept it on low.:thumbup

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Where do you access the blower motor from?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's all easy..the blower motor is on the other side of the firewall from the passenger, it's about the size of a beer can and held on with four bolts....can't miss it.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I just did this on mine sat, only had about 8 leaves in there, maybe because my bko is from florida near the beach, I dunno:shrug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts