Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my truck for about a year now. When I first got her she blew pretty cold air. Since then, I've been offroading and now when I turn the A/C on sand blows out and it's no longer cold. I know I may just need to add some refrigerant to make it cold again, but how do I stop the sand blowing out. Also which hoses should I inspect to make sure I'm not leaking refrigerant? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Bubba

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
It sounds like you need to blow out your vents. You've gotten dirt in there and it's blowing out a little when you first turn on your system. Has your system been converted over to R134 or are you still a R12 system? If it's been converted, you can get 134 with leak finder dye at the local parts place that you use to recharge your system and it will seep out through any leaks you have in your system. The leak could be from a loose connection anywhere one is made. If it's still R12, then you need to take it to an AC person who has the equipment to find it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
easy fix. the knob that says hot and cold, sand is in the middle. LOL

but seriously how does the sand get in there? in through the vents, or perhaps another source under the hood?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts