Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need longer flange or non flange bolts that are used to bolt the stock A/C to the bracket so that i can mount up my York bracket. I seem to have to order them however before I do i wanted to get confirmation on the actual size..

are they M7 size with a 1mm thread pitch? I think I will need 140mm long.. and they seem to be a bit harder to find but wanted to make sure before i pulled the trigger. thanks!

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,538 Posts
I'd swear those are M8-1.25mm, as an M7 bolt would be a non-standard size in automotive use.

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd swear those are M8-1.25mm, as an M7 bolt would be a non-standard size in automotive use.
they probably are, I'm measuring off a ruler so not really ideal... thanks i will probably order some up here today, want to get the York back in the truck..

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
I'm thinking this is right as well.

But Chris, do you have any of your hard top security lock bolts laying around? I used 3 of the shorter side ones to secure my dummy pully before I did the OBA....those are metric and a "fine" thread. Just take one and carefully thread it on there to confirm and then go down to Lowes. I bought some metric 8.8 (grade 5? equivalent) from them in the length I wanted right out of there bins when I put the OBA compressor on.

Here you go, these are the hardtop security bolts that thread right in on mine:

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking this is right as well.

But Chris, do you have any of your hard top security lock bolts laying around? I used 3 of the shorter side ones to secure my dummy pully before I did the OBA....those are metric and a "fine" thread. Just take one and carefully thread it on there to confirm and then go down to Lowes. I bought some metric 8.8 (grade 5? equivalent) from them in the length I wanted right out of there bins when I put the OBA compressor on.

Here you go, these are the hardtop security bolts that thread right in on mine:

hmm well i have one of the bolts out of the bracket.. but i have never had good luck at home depot or lowes finding bolts.. i will take a ride and see.. i need 140mm so hoping someone local has em. i know ace doesn't have them. Already been by there.

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,544 Posts
If you are ever up to Boulder Mcguckins has almost very bolt I have ever wanted. And you get to buy what ou need not the HD way of 1 bolt 3 washers and 2 nuts:banghead. I also discovered the Lafayette Jax has a pretty good bolt selection by the pound.

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just check their bins, but that is long, roughly 5.5" long bolts?
yup just about 5.5" I have to add 1" spacers in from the A/C bracket under the York bracket otherwise the York bracket is too low.. also the A/C bolt holes are lower than the A/c compressor so it binds whatever you have mounted to it..

thanks Matt.. I just might have to make a run up there as I have the hardest time finding stuff here in Denver for some reason, I just dont know the places to go yet.. but getting there!

iam headed out today to find my bolts!

·
Too many broncos!
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok got em.. the metric supply 1 mile from my house had 6 in stock so i bought all 6... i seem to use stuff again anyway and nice to have a few extra on hand!

hopefully get the york back in this weekend and get that cable together so I can say i have a TC/ebrake!

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
ok got em.. the metric supply 1 mile from my house had 6 in stock so i bought all 6... i seem to use stuff again anyway and nice to have a few extra on hand!

hopefully get the york back in this weekend and get that cable together so I can say i have a TC/ebrake!
Still waiting on that brake to be tested.....:popc1:

But in the meantime, I couldn't wait any longer...just ordered the procomp 23411 leaves for the rear vs. my block/AAL I've had for a Loooooonnnng time. Couldn't beat the deal, guess through who???? 4WPH....$174.99 ea. and ships free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts