Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 95 Bronco with the fuel injected 351 with A/C. I need to keep the A/C (it was over 90 this weekend), but would like to add an old A/C compressor as an AIR compressor. I have one from my old 76 F150, but cannot see any room to mount it. Has anyone added one from anything that will leave the factory A/C intact? Even if I have to move something around to make room.

Thanks,
sspider

·
Registered
151 Posts
If u want to b defferent try this, pic up a rag joint for a steer shaft and remove the pulley from a compressor. Pick up a used starter or u can purchase a winch motor on eBay for 1 bill attach the two with the rag joint and wire it up. There's are cheaper ways to do this but I built this to put in my brother-in-laws jeep. I mounted it on a plate that had holes in it and we put it on bolts throu the floor with wing nuts to make it mobile. It was had wired with relays and switches, but could be removed to use on other rigs with a set of cables.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks miesk5, I appreciate the forum links. I tried to search but all I found was converting to a different refrigerant type. The bracket from BroncoAir looks awesome. I will have to figure out if my compressor unit is the right style.

sspider

·
Super Moderator
26,333 Posts
yw
GL and see if you can post pics and write a narrative for others
GL!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts