Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:doh0715: While getting a tool at the store, saw this thing :

I have read numerous posts on people converting thier old useless A/C compressor to pump air. So I ask YOU the resident experts. What would I need to do in order to flip a switch and have the electric clutch on the compressor pump air into this tank. It has a max PSI of 135 and will automatically bleed out air if that is exceeded. So, for safty sake, wont be an issue if I left it on while filling tires or tool usage.
I figure. I would need a oil/water filter maybe for the outlet of the compressor, lines from the filter to the intake of the tank and maybe a shutoff and a 'just in case' pressure releif valve. Dont need anything crazy but would like to be able to fill up this tank myself and have it mounted under hood :)
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
44 Posts
depends on how often you use your tools, but i think thats fairly small, we have one exactly like that at our shop for filling up tires (its normal though, no mods) and we can get maybe 2 tires full from flat...i dont know how good that would be for a compressor...but you could try if you dont do too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.