Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Not enough info, is the clutch working? Is there a keyway and did you get it in, meaning is the compressor working?

Do you have any guages, or pressure readings to give us?

You may just be off on the charge, where the two shinny aluminum pipes go into the air box, which one is colder, big one? little one? or neither.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Traveler said:
Not enough info, is the clutch working? Is there a keyway and did you get it in, meaning is the compressor working?

Do you have any guages, or pressure readings to give us?

You may just be off on the charge, where the two shinny aluminum pipes go into the air box, which one is colder, big one? little one? or neither.
yes The clutch engages. it is pumping I changed the low pressure switch. still blows hot. none of the tubes are getting cold.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,583 Posts
If non of the tubes are getting cold it might be the A/C pressure switch that's on the dryer. I had a similar problem on mine a couple of years ago.

G

·
Any idea how much freon you put in?

if neither tube is cooling, is it getting cold anywhere? e.g. if there is a cold spot in the condensor means restriction.

Also is the small line from the compressor getting hotter than the big line?
If the compressor is pumping the outlet pipe will get hot.

There are a lot of possibilities yet. you could still low on freon, system is contaminated, or the orfice tube has a huge hole in it, the compressor could be bad like a broken ring, you could have a large leak, too much oil in the system.
Kind of suprised though, usually they will cool enough you noctice a temp difference on the pipes.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I'm not an A/C tech, I had a similar problem. After charging the system and taking the clutch apart and pputing it back together, still nothing. Then I unplugged every connector I could find on the A/C system and cleaned them with cheap electronics cleaner. Wallah! It worked and has ever seince.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds to me like the compressor is shot. If the clutch is engaging than the switches should be working fine. Just because the clutch is engaging and spinning doesnt mean the compressor is any good. If both your lines coming out of the compressor feel the same temp, then its a sure bet your compressor is shot. If you want to make sure put a set of gages on and see if the pressures change when the clutch engages.. I would put money on a bad compressor though....

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey guys i have a problem also with my AC when i turn on my truck i hooked up my AC hose to fill or check how much freon is in and with the ac off it is up to the yellow and with the ac on the compresser doesnt come on how could i get the ac compresser to come on and check if it needs freon the truck is a 94 F-150

·
Registered
104 Posts
1clean5.8

How did you charge your system after you replaced your clutch? If you did not pull a vacuum on your system, you may have air in your system which is throwing off your pressures. Do you have a set of guages that you can check pressures with?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
y did you replace your clutch on the a/c in the first place??? mine ceased up and i threw a new a/c unit on. might just be a bad a/c unit

·
Registered
180 Posts
stallion69 said:
hey guys i have a problem also with my AC when i turn on my truck i hooked up my AC hose to fill or check how much freon is in and with the ac off it is up to the yellow and with the ac on the compresser doesnt come on how could i get the ac compresser to come on and check if it needs freon the truck is a 94 F-150
If the system is empty or to low, the compresor will not come on. This keeps you from messing it up. Checking presure with A/C not running is really no help. Hook up a can to the system, turn the A/C on. Open the valve to let the feron into the system. Compresor will feel the persur and should come on and suck the can dry. Always fill using a gadge. Make sure to turn valve off before taking empty can off.

·
Registered
292 Posts
stallion
What did you get to fix it. Was it the whole compressor.
1clean
did you get yours fixed yet
My ac also wouldn't run so I jumped the pressure switch and the compressor worked. So I went out and spent $13 on a new pressure switch and it is blowing nice and cold. I also found out the P/O upgraded to 134. That was a nice suprise, hopefully it was done right.
josh

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had a hole in the liquid line. So I could not keep coolent in the system. Replaced the line, recharged. All is fine. And you do not have to clean each part, remove old oil, ect., to switch from R12 to 134A. It is not a bad thing to do it, but it why do it if not needed, the old oil in most cases does not hurt the system. As for the old iol resulting in the system being overfilled, remember you use only about 80% of 134a as compared to r12, so you have that 20% of "room". In most cases. Now if you have a slow leak, and add can after can of 134a with oil mixed in it. In some cases after time, you will need to finailly open and flush the system and fix the leak

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.