Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive looked and havent really found what im looking for on here, my bronco came with a/c and everything was hooked up when i bought it so i think, i know the compressor worked but i keep reading bout this big black box on the firewall, mine doesnt have that. and my a/c controls arent grouped with the rest of the heater control, its mounted to the dash next to the dash vents, it has a seprate knob for the temp and one for the blower, is this aftermarket? all i did was take off the compressor and now im kinda thinkin i wouldnt mind having a/c on it. and i actually have about 4 cans of r12 12 oz cans so if i put the compressor back on would all i have to do is charge it? any input would be helpful

·
Registered
727 Posts
This was a dealer added A/C and there's nothing wrong with it just looks a little different. Put the compressor back on and charge it. Should be fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It probably has an Expansion Valve, not an orifice tube, but yes you will need to evacuate the system if it's been opened. I would do a new drier as well. Also check the oil in the compressor. You can make a little dipstick out of a small piece of copper wire. seal the system with new o-rings oiled well, then pump it down to 28 or 29 inches, shut the gauges and the pump off and see if it holds vacuum for 5 minutes. If so pump it down overnight before wasting the R12. The vacuum boils the humidity out of the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts