Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Foolsize Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like everyone else with a 92-96, my dash vents have become brittle and broken over the years. While we had the instrument cluster apart on my friends 94 F-150 i was looking at the vents to see how hard replacing them would be. They seem to be glued in? My question is how hard would it be to replace them, provided i can find a decent used set and get them out of the dash in one piece. (id rather not spend 100+ dollars for new ones)

·
Super Moderator
26,996 Posts
yo,
For the adjustable register;
I use a butter knife w/masking tape wrapped around blade to prevent scratching; Pry on right or left side of register to pop out & remove

here is the Ford version from Bronco Workshop Manual
Register Louver Assembly
There are four register and louver assemblies in the instrument panel (04320). Two are located in the upper area of the glove compartment. The other two are located near the right and left edges of the instrument cluster. The louvers in each of these registers are similar with a single adjusting knob provided to move the vertical vanes from side to side and the horizontal vanes up and down. The primary difference between the two types of register assemblies is length and mounting tabs. The registers near the instrument cluster have four mounting lugs and are shorter front to rear than those in the right hand portion of the instrument panel which have three mounting tabs.
Removal
Insert A/C Louver Assembly Remover D92T-19703-A into louver opening (over louver assembly) in instrument panel to release retaining tabs for louver assembly and remove tool and assembly.
Repeat step one for each louver assembly.
Installation
Position louver assembly into instrument panel and press into place until an audible click is heard. The assembly is now held in place.
Repeat step one for each louver assembly.
Check for proper louver operation.

In diagram below:
Item Part Number Description
1 19E630 A/C Side Window Demister and Hose (RH)
2 19B632 A/C Accumulator Tube Support Clip
3 19E630 A/C Side Window Demister and Hose (LH)
4 19893 A/C Registers
5 061A40 Glove Compartment Door Latch Cover
6 06024 Glove Compartment
7 06115 Glove Compartment Bumpers
8 106004 Glove Compartment Door Latch
9 N805979-S Glove Compartment Bumpers
10 5A563 Lamp and Catch Assembly
11 04282 Pad and Retainer
12 19N236 Power Point
13 01657 Steering Column Opening Insulator
14 04320 Instrument Panel
15 19E726 Duct and Support Assembly
16 18C367 Defrost Seal Nozzle
17 19E680 Connector
18 19C901 Demister Seal
19 19C901 A/C Seal
20 047A32 Instrument Panel Center Bracket

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm not so gentle... usually just a flat blade screwdriver. I've seen a lot of these in the ATL pull a parts. You can generally find a couple that are still in good shape. I've picked up an extra or two anticipating that I'll need em in the future.

·
Foolsize Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great post, Thank you. So im a assuming the new one would simply pop right in?:popc1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts