Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My white vacuum line has degraded and I need to fix this but Ford tells me that the 3/32" white line has been discontinued. The line fell apart from the recirculate motor attachment to about 8" down the line. I was going to try to cut and splice but can't seem to find the right parts. Anyone have any ideas for them that worked? Could really use the help. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Here is how mines connected, I pulled out the old line from the inside a little till I got to the soft part than used that connector to link hte lines. Not sure where I pulled it iff from. I know it was from a f150 for sure. You can also use a vacuum tube to link the 2 ends as well. I went that way I went to make it look like it was stock.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I didn't even need the connectors, mine press fit on tightly. I just used the shrink tubing on the connections to help secure the connections so that it would last another 15-20 years without issue.

·
Super Moderator
25,754 Posts
yo!
Great stuff!
Here is Ford's way;
Mini-Tube Vacuum Hose Service in a 96; "...Measure the length of the damaged area of the mini-tube vacuum hose. Cut a piece of standard 3mm (1/8-inch) ID vacuum hose approximately 25mm (1 inch) longer than the damaged area of the mini-tube vacuum hose. Cut the mini-tube vacuum hose on each side of the damaged area and remove damaged portion of the mini-tube vacuum hose. Dip the mini-tube hose ends in Tetra Hydro Furan (THF) or Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK). Either of these solvents will act as a sealer for the repair of the mini-tube vacuum hose. Insert the ends of the mini-tube vacuum hose approximately 9mm (3/8 inch) into the ends of the standard 3 mm (1/8-inch) ID replacement vacuum hose. Shake the service joint after assembly to make sure solvent is dispersed and vacuum line is not blocked internally. Test system for a vacuum leak in area serviced..." from 1996 F-150, F-250, F-350, F-Super Duty and Bronco, F-Super Duty Motorhome Chassis Workshop Manual
no pics tho

1 - 12 of 12 Posts