Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Something Spiffy
Joined
·
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to start things off here are the codes that i pulled as of 5 min ago:
67
81
82
95
those where all KOEO, i am unable to get KOER codes due to not being able to figure out how to fix 67 ( i dont even have a auto anymore, i have the wires jumped so it thinks it in nuetral so my electric BW1356 would work.)

for the code 81, which is: Air management 2 circuit failure (AM2/TAD).
i am not running any of these emition products, all i have left is EGR and its sensor as well as highflow catco cats and PCV. i have the tab and tad dissconnected and tied away. do i need to worry about taking care of this?

as for 82, how can i be getting this code if its a KOER only code like ryans site says?

and then 95, this one sounds like it might be the heart of my problem, its deffinition is: Fuel pump secondary circuit failure. The EEC senses infinite resistance to ground from the fuel pump on the Fuel Pump Monitor circuit.

my fuel system is all from a 90 bronco from the fuel rail back to the tank, in otherwords its the single high press pump setup.
to fix this does it sound like i have a bad ground?


the whole problem that i am looking into this is a extreme lack of power once the motor is warm as well as what i think sounds like the ocasional backfire through the intake. as well as a real bad hickup and no power whenever its loaded in gear below 1800rpms. but half the time when its cold, it runs great! twice the power.
am i making any sense? can anyone help me out?
 

·
Something Spiffy
Joined
·
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just a FYI:
this is all in a 87 bronco that origanally had a 302/AOD.
later swapped in 351w with a 89ECU and used my old wire harness.
my fuel system was worn out so i swapped in a single pump fuel system/lines/tank from a 90' bronco.
and the most recent change has been swapping in a NP435, im still running the same computer, i just have jumped the wire harness so it thinks its in Nuetral.

thanks in advance!
 

·
aka: kemicalburns
Joined
·
7,830 Posts
well the ecu you had wouldnt care about the tranny to begin with so why did you bother? the AOD is not controlled by the computer like the e4od is. maybe this is part of your problem. also is the 5.8 stock?
 

·
Something Spiffy
Joined
·
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kemicalburns said:
well the ecu you had wouldnt care about the tranny to begin with so why did you bother? the AOD is not controlled by the computer like the e4od is. maybe this is part of your problem. also is the 5.8 stock?
no the motors not stock, im one of the origanal few who swapped out the 5.0 to a 351w, thats the only reason the computer changed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Ive read on fordfuelinjection the proper way to eliminate the tab and tad is to use a resisor.
 

·
Lick my balls
Joined
·
13,029 Posts
Stokes said:
just a FYI:
this is all in a 87 bronco that origanally had a 302/AOD.
later swapped in 351w with a 89ECU
and used my old wire harness.
my fuel system was worn out so i swapped in a single pump fuel system/lines/tank from a 90' bronco.
and the most recent change has been swapping in a NP435, im still running the same computer, i just have jumped the wire harness so it thinks its in Nuetral.

thanks in advance!
I would start here, double check that the computer you got out of an 89 is compatible with the 351 and the year of your vehicle. I was working on a buddies car and put a computer in his car from a newer model by 1 year, and I might add had the same motor and it ran worse. I've had my another experience with one of my other broncos. The PO swapped out the straight 6 for a 302 and put in a computer for a deisel.
 

·
The Anti Yam!
Joined
·
22,680 Posts
As long as the computer is from an 88 up 351w S.D. truck it will be fine. The pinouts are all the same between the 302 60 pin connector and the 351w 60 pin connector for the S.D. wiring harness.
 

·
The Anti Yam!
Joined
·
22,680 Posts
Stokes said:
those where all KOEO, i am unable to get KOER codes due to not being able to figure out how to fix 67 ( i dont even have a auto anymore, i have the wires jumped so it thinks it in nuetral so my electric BW1356 would work.)
What wires are jumped? The EEC thinks you have the trany in gear.

Stokes said:
for the code 81, which is: Air management 2 circuit failure (AM2/TAD).
i am not running any of these emition products, all i have left is EGR and its sensor as well as highflow catco cats and PCV. i have the tab and tad dissconnected and tied away. do i need to worry about taking care of this??
No


Stokes said:
as for 82, how can i be getting this code if its a KOER only code like ryans site says?
I dont know... What definition does your hayns manual give?

Stokes said:
and then 95, this one sounds like it might be the heart of my problem, its deffinition is: Fuel pump secondary circuit failure. The EEC senses infinite resistance to ground from the fuel pump on the Fuel Pump Monitor circuit.?
Cler the codes (By interupting the test) and see if this comes back.


Stokes said:
the whole problem that i am looking into this is a extreme lack of power once the motor is warm as well as what i think sounds like the ocasional backfire through the intake. as well as a real bad hickup and no power whenever its loaded in gear below 1800rpms. but half the time when its cold, it runs great! twice the power.
am i making any sense? can anyone help me out?
Test your ECT.
http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=28
 

·
Something Spiffy
Joined
·
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so i finally got around to getting under the hood and i checked the resistance and i belive the ECT is fine because it rang in at 2.73 kohms but the Act has me scrachin my head, it showed 5.37kohms. am i checking this wrong or is it just way out of range? both of these where checked right after i warmmed up the truck and then turned it off to pull the plug off to check the resistance.

im gonna go check a few other sensors. thanks in advance for any imput.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top