Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered the leveling kit for my bronco from the broncograveyard, the one with the new springs and the camber bushings. got a few questions that i'm sure have been asked a dozen times on here, but i searched and didnt find anything except ppl asking alignment related ?'s.

1)with the leveling kit, will i need new shocks? i would assume i would, figured it would've been answered alot on here, but couldnt find anything.

2)after i install the leveling kit, since i'm installing new springs, how long is recommended to let the springs settle before doing the alignment. should i install the kit, do the alignment, drive the truck around for a week or two then do another alignment to make sure? or just install it and let the truck sit for a week or so and then do the alignment?(i'm a mechanic and have access to alignment machine so multiple alignments wont cost me anything)

3)will i/should i change my front brake hoses to extended ones?

just trying to make sure i'll have no surprises when i do the install, i hate surprises. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
No, you didn't search.

1. No
2. align it immediately, it won't settle much
3. No, not necessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i did search...thats pretty much all i do on this site, hence the 2 posts in the 2 years. all i saw was some timz28 guy not being able to comprehend the principles behind alignments or bitching about having to pay for an alignment....all the other threads i read were mainly talking about the camber bushings, or how to install them....maybe i skipped over the info i was looking in my reading, i dunno.

either way, thanks for the info man

·
Registered
990 Posts
You may need new shocks on the front end. The aft side of the quad shocks were too short when I went to install my 2" kit.

No need for extended brake lines.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
1-maybe. You need to measure to see if the shocks you have are limiting travel. If you can (with the coil spring removed but the shock installed) compress the axle against the bump stop without bottoming out the shock and then extend the axle and install the spring, you are good. Most likely the shocks will limit droop somewhat, though, it shouldn't be much.
2-right away, then do it again in a month since you can for free and then as needed.
3-no, your travel doesn't really increase since it's limited by the radius arms, you just swap 2" of droop for 2" of compression

1 - 5 of 5 Posts