Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears our prayers for a super off-road Bronco could be a reality! According to The Fast Lane on YouTube, a Ford Bronco Raptor is coming!

In their video they discuss different topics and information around the Bronco including engine sizes, body styling, and the Bronco Raptor.

According to TFL, the engines that we could see in the new Bronco/Bronco Raptor include:
- the 2.3 liter EcoBoost engine that was leaked.
- the 2.7 liter EcoBoost engine from the Ford Edge ST, which they speculate could be in the Raptor or another special edition.
- the 5.0 liter Coyote engine, which they say has been talked about within Ford but is less likely than the other two.

They also predict the EcoBoost engines will come with the 10-speed automatic transmission.

On the outside they say the Bronco will have a removable top which puts it in direct competition with the Jeep Wrangler. The Bronco will also come in two-door and four-door versions.

TFL also mentioned that there could be a Bronco Maverick as well, but they're not sure in what purpose it will be used for.

In terms of price and release they say that the Bronco will be revealed in 2020 and will most likely be priced similarly to the Jeep Wrangler.

Watch the video for yourself and hear the exciting news!

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Thanks for sharing. It sounds plausible that those things are in the works. I guess we'll see!:popc1:

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,157 Posts
I'm not one who's getting all hyped up about the new bronco, because I wont be able to afford one for 15 years...

But, WHY THE HELL would Ford NOT make a raptor bronco. The normal raptor sells like hotcakes. And add the hyped up bronco name to it? That seems like a no brainer to me.

My mom's 2015 escape has a 4cyl EcoBoost. That thing flys! And it's actually surprising capable on the trails.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not one who's getting all hyped up about the new bronco, because I wont be able to afford one for 15 years...

But, WHY THE HELL would Ford NOT make a raptor bronco. The normal raptor sells like hotcakes. And add the hyped up bronco name to it? That seems like a no brainer to me.

My mom's 2015 escape has a 4cyl EcoBoost. That thing flys! And it's actually surprising capable on the trails.
Its too early to say whether they will or won't. What we can hope for is some special SEMA build that probes the idea before heading to production.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd say there's a 95% chance they come out with a SVT version of the bronco that I'd guess is going to be aimed toward the crawling community instead of the baja like the ranger and raptor are. I know they're going to have a removable roof and doors similar to what the wranglers have, so it would only make sense that would be the way they would take the SVT version.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Actually, I would say there's a 5% of it happening. SUT seem dead, no one sells them.

Instead we've been seeing a pickup boom happening (ex. new Ranger)

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
If there is such a thing as a Bronco Raptor...you won't see it for at least a year or 2 after the 2021 Bronco is introduced..
The pattern for F150 Raptors has been the 3rd year. The 1st gen Raptor (2011-2014) was released in 2011, the 3rd year of the 12th gen F150 (2009-2014) production and the 2nd gen Raptor (2017-2020) was released in the 3rd year of the 13th gen F150 (2015-2020) production.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I hope so I went t9 the ford dealer today to see if they could get on a list for one and they said it’s going to be awhile.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If there is such a thing as a Bronco Raptor...you won't see it for at least a year or 2 after the 2021 Bronco is introduced..
The pattern for F150 Raptors has been the 3rd year. The 1st gen Raptor (2011-2014) was released in 2011, the 3rd year of the 12th gen F150 (2009-2014) production and the 2nd gen Raptor (2017-2020) was released in the 3rd year of the 13th gen F150 (2015-2020) production.
Would love to see an SVT/Raptor version sooner than 24 months. I think the hype around the Bronco will drive sales enough that they won't have to make one sooner than 2 years after the initial release.

·
Registered
80 Posts
An updated report on the Raptor Bronco that holds quite a bit of weight because... there's just no way Ford puts this much into something Raptor-esque...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts