Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have a 95 351 Bronco. There is a tube that goes from the bottom of the EGR to the exhaust manifold, this tube has 2 smaller tubes coming out of the side of it that go to some sort of sensor mounted next to the EGR. Is this the A.I.R tube? The 2 smaller tubes that go to the sensor broke off, it is safe to drive it like that for a day or so? Check engine light has come on. Thanks!!

J

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
yo J,
The Tube from EGR Sensor to exhaust man is called the EGR Tube (also called, AIR Tube); the two smaller tubes travel to the Pressure Feedback Electronic (PFE) Sensor (MIESK5 NOTE: & the Differential Pressure Feedback (DPFE) Sensor in only 95 5.8L California models & all 96 have the DPFE Sensor instead of EGR Valve Position Sensor (EVP)

There are 2 silicone high temp hoses that continue from the small tubes to the PFE Sensor; a local dealer had the hose for a whOPPing $10.00 each (one foot sections)

Did the tubes break or are the hoses messed-up or missing?

EGR Tube (also called, AIR Tube), Crossover Tubes, Check Valves, O2 Sensor Repair Bungs, High Temp Silicone Hose, etc. for Bronco & all Ford, w/Ford Part Numbers & pics; miesk5 NOTE; "...EGR, The 1996 5.0L Air Tube is connected to an exhaust passage in the intake manifold and then goes to the EGR Valve, while the 5.8L is connected to the passenger side exhaust manifold.
Source: by PCI Inc http://www.pciinc.com

PFE EGR System Overview & Testing; "...This system contains a sharp edged metering orifice, the Pressure Feedback EGR (PFE) sensor, the Electronic Vacuum Regulator (EVR) and the PFE EGR valve (Fig. 1)..." read more on testing w/DVOM & vacuum pump
Source: by tomco-inc.com http://www.tomco-inc.com/Tech_Tips/ttt34.pdf

Did you scan for Codes?

It's safe to drive

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
miesk5,
Thanks for the info!! The small tubes were broken off. I got one at the dealer. Took out the plastic wheel well to gain easy access. Where can I get some of that high temp hose! Thanks

J

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
miesk5,
Where can I get some of that high temp hose!
yw!
btw, is this a Calif emissioned Bronco?

Get it at the dealership; they have rolls of it and charge by the foot; on my 95, each hose has a diff ID, so you'll prob need one of each

·
Registered
3 Posts
pfe/dpfe

i have an 88 with the 5.8L i have looked and was wondering if the map sensor is the same as the pfe on that model
as my air pipe does not have the 2 lines coming off of it

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
No the MAP and PFE sensor are two different devices. There is no active feedback signal for EGR flow on your model year truck like there is on the OPs. The MAP sensor is an acronym for Manifold Absolute Pressure. Use this for reference from Ford Fuel Injection dot COM on what the MAP is: Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts