Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mel and anyone who likes Dodge Chargers,
I picked up a dual VHS set from the thrift store the other day with the name of "Crash Impact" and was made by the "PowerSports Video" company in 1991. It is a bunch of crashes put to music from a variety of racing sports, with bikes, trucks, drag racing, stock racing, sprint cars, Nascar... you name it and it is in there. When they were showing some stock car racing wrecks from the early to mid 70's they showed 2 different 68-70 Chargers getting totally destroyed in their ensuing wrecks. It was a bit sad to see, but at the same time it was nice to see some older footage with the Charger racing in it. Sorry no pics folks as I do not have video card on my PC that does "Video In". It's interesting and worth buying if you get the opportunity, though it is a bit long.

I went back and watched it again, and I tried getting some pics of the TV screen with my digi cam and they turned out ok. They are prior to getting wrecked and the pic of the red Charger turned out pretty good.....enjoy!

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
that's pretty cool, but watching those vintage cars get smashed to pieces absolutely kills me. imagine if you had one of those babies now...

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,913 Posts
Woah, sweet!! I'll have to check into that. Thanks Grizz. :thumbup

I'm sure you've heard of it, but Vanishing Point is like the ultimate Mopar movie. Pretty cool Challenge in that movie. And the real car is in Floyd Garretts Muscle Car museum in Sevierville, TN. :toothless

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
HAhahaa, I've got that video! Bought it from a clearance rack at my video store, about 4 years ago. I also have crash & crunch, and a Bigfoot video. Those are so fun to watch :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
Woah, sweet!! I'll have to check into that. Thanks Grizz. :thumbup

I'm sure you've heard of it, but Vanishing Point is like the ultimate Mopar movie. Pretty cool Challenge in that movie. And the real car is in Floyd Garretts Muscle Car museum in Sevierville, TN. :toothless

I love that movie!! Did you hear it's being released to DVD in February?

Link to amazon.com:

Vanishing Point

·
Registered
769 Posts
i wonder how many chargers the show "dukes of hazzard" went through cause no way they only used one '69 charger after all the abuse the duke boys put on them,jumps,offroading,full throttle all the time.....ouch

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
HWY TO HELL said:
i wonder how many chargers the show "dukes of hazzard" went through cause no way they only used one '69 charger after all the abuse the duke boys put on them,jumps,offroading,full throttle all the time.....ouch

They actually had a small army of folks out scouring the US for 69 Chargers. I remember reading an article in Hot Rod magazine many years ago that said they went through an average of 3 - 4 Chargers per show!

Sad way to treat a classic......

·
Registered
748 Posts
Ogeechee 4x4 said:
i think there were like 70-something chargers used on that show, If you google it, you can find the actual # really quickly
There was a show about the show a few years back. If I recall they said they had 40 Chargers total for use during filming.

·
Registered
769 Posts
welll its kinda good in a way cause then poeple can find lots of parts for there '69's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts