Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount some foglights on the A-Pillars, or get some police lights. Light bar is causing too much road noise and wind resistance. Anyone know where to get some built for the Bronco?

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Are you talking about fog lights or spot lights?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just looked at your site, why don't you just take your lights and mount them on your bumper of fab up something to mount them on at about that level. You could even cut holes in your bumper and mount them behind the holes that way they would be less vulnerable.

·
Banned
20,944 Posts
88pimpin said:
...foglights on the A-Pillars... Light bar is causing too much road noise and wind resistance.
Just wait till you hear all the wind coming around the A-pillars... Talk about "resistance"! That's why spotlights are folded down normally.

But they're not for driving - all the light on the hood will blind you at night. Put your fog lights low, like Larston said.

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
Steve83 said:
Just wait till you hear all the wind coming around the A-pillars... Talk about "resistance"! That's why spotlights are folded down normally.

But they're not for driving - all the light on the hood will blind you at night. Put your fog lights low, like Larston said.
noise??? mine has so many rattles and creaks alittle wind noise around the lights dont bother me at all.:rockon

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a light bar and some foglights behind my grill. I'm talking more spotlight, for bad weather. I haven't drilled through my roof for the light bar yet, they're just for decoration right now. I noticed how much quieter it is without them on top.

I have a Lund Vent Visor and I'm wanting to get it painted and put on, not sure if that'll help with either decision. I've thought about putting the lights on the front, but I don't know. They're the cheap $10/light ones from Wal-Mart so they aren't that attractive. I might be able to get some chrome KC-style lights from a friend.

Still kinda interested in installing some of those cop spotlights.

I have Silverstars and some 50wt. foglights behind the grill, so I get plenty of light, I just want some for bad weather.

I'm also gonna see if I can take welding next year and build my own bumper, but that's a while off, and I don't know if it'll happen or not.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Foglights are lights that light up the road in between your headlights and your bumper. Since headlights are aimed out, during foggy weather, you can't see the road since nothing is illuminating that area.

Spotlights, KCs PIAAs etc, are designed to break darkness beyond your headlights reach. Mounting them on the bumper doesn't give you much advantage. Mounting them on the A Pilar will illuminate your hood nicely causing you a negative effect in distance visibility. The best mounting for Spotlights are up high and aimed out far. Their purpose is for high speed night runs so you can see what's coming up faster then what your normal headlights do.

Fog lights are legal to use on the road. Spotlights are not. I hope you are fully intending to use this spotlights for off road use ONLY. At any rate, I haven't come across any mounting for lights on A Pilars on any FSB but, they are plentiful for EBs or Jeeps. Might have to fabricate some for yourself. Good Luck!!!

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
grunt1058 said:
Foglights are lights that light up the road in between your headlights and your bumper. Since headlights are aimed out, during foggy weather, you can't see the road since nothing is illuminating that area.

Spotlights, KCs PIAAs etc, are designed to break darkness beyond your headlights reach. Mounting them on the bumper doesn't give you much advantage. Mounting them on the A Pilar will illuminate your hood nicely causing you a negative effect in distance visibility. The best mounting for Spotlights are up high and aimed out far. Their purpose is for high speed night runs so you can see what's coming up faster then what your normal headlights do.

Fog lights are legal to use on the road. Spotlights are not. I hope you are fully intending to use this spotlights for off road use ONLY. At any rate, I haven't come across any mounting for lights on A Pilars on any FSB but, they are plentiful for EBs or Jeeps. Might have to fabricate some for yourself. Good Luck!!!
8 inch pro comp light on a pillar custom mount.

no real issues with reflection of hood...but only used off road...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
redwagon: Thanks for the pic. That ought to be simple to get built down here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts