Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed the more fancy steel rims with trim rings and center caps I have on my 88 have more of a offset then ones from a 2wd F150 and was wondering if anyone knows if the plain steel rims are the same,I converted my 66 F250 into a 1/2 ton and the rear end is just too narrow and looks goofy and trying to find stock rims that have more of a offset so they stick out further I am going to call about some custom made rims tomorrow but wondering if there were any made on the 4x4s that could be found in junkyards.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pulled a wheel off the bronco and put it on the 66 and it is what I want,did some measuring and the 4x4 rims are 8 inch where the 2wd versions are 7 inches. I forgot my bronco had a basic steel rim for a spare and it looks to have the same offset as the rims I have so it looks like I will be ordering a pair of custom made rims for the 66,65 to 72 1/2 ton rear ends are way too narrow and look goofy with narrow rims and I mreally want to use small hubcaps but might go with the same rims as my bronco if custom made rims are too expensive.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot my bronco had a steel rim for a spare and it is a 6 1/2 inch rim,I found some rims from Summit that are close to the rims I have on the bronco and will be ordering a pair soon. I thought about getting another set like whats on my 88 but I want little hubcaps so new rims it will be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts