Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased Bassani's y-pipe with cat from Performance Peddler. The model I purchased is 58150B3, which is stainless steel and looks like this...

90Beater also purchased his Bassani y-pipe and cat from the same place. He purchased model BX58150B3, which is aluminized and looks like this...

I was wondering why the big difference in the size of the cats, is it because one is stainless and one is aluminized? If anyone else has purchased the Bassani y-pipe with cat, I am interested in which one you recieved.

I am going to contact Bassani Monday, but I thought I would ask here first.

Thanks,
James

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,296 Posts
That doesn't look like a cat to me. Looks like a mini resonator.

Tommy

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
If you look through it can you see a honeycom or square pattern about 1mm squares?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't remember if it is honeycomb or square. I will pull that part off tomorrow and take a pic. What does it mean if it is square pattern?

James

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Nothing, it's just another way to do it. Mine is square, so was the old clogged one. I have seen honey combed ones in the past so I added it in.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Thats not a cat...Its a resonator or something. In other words, its there to make us ask questions.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I do remember that the holes were very small, but not the shape. I also did a quick search and found Random Technologies website, and their high flow cats look like this...

James

·
Registered
897 Posts
I bet its just the style of cat that was avable. The standerd non stanless cat, was built just like a normal looking cat. The stainless one, was probably just made by a diferent manufacture, and thats the style they use.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I called Bassani today, and found out the enlarged part of mine is a catalytic converter. The one 90Beater bought has a cat made by Catco, while the one on mine is made in house by Bassani and is stainless.

Just thought I would share this update with you.

James

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
Catco huh, I heard they make good cats.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
stangmata50l said:
Did you order the setup directly from Bassani using their toll-free number or did you find a dealer?

How much were you charged if you don't mind me asking. I am thinking of ordering your setup today. I'm sick of this stock shiat.
I bought mine on ebay from Performance Peddler. Here is link to the auction of the stainless unit I bought. Out the door it was $375, which included shipping. I opted for the stainless since my wife and I are planning to move to Colorado in the next couple of years.

I will take a picture later, but the only fitment issue I have is on my transmission crossmember. I touches it just a little bit, but I'm sure they didn't design these for Bronco's with a ZF swap in it. I will have to modify the crossmember a little bit after my hands are all healed up.

James

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
performancepeddler for me also except aluminized for $265.

Rust? what's rust?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
90Beater said:
performancepeddler for me also except aluminized for $265.

Rust? what's rust?
My Bronco has lived in AZ all of it's life, so it doesn't have any of that nasty stuff either.

Congrats Stangmata, you won't be disappointed.

James

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
haha, I just bought one today too......

265 was a pretty sweet deal. not stainless but its Arizona!

how long did it take you to get yours james?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dustin said:
how long did it take you to get yours james?
Paid for it on the 3/23 and it was delivered on 3/29. I think there was a delay of 1 day before it shipped. It came via FedEx and you should get a tracking number from them.

James

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
mine should be here tomorrow so........

stupid crossmembers were in the way so I cut the fawker! I love my plasma a little too much I think!

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
I cut mine up too. Hows it look inside the old cat? was it anywhere near as bad as mine was?
(Cut open the front one where the pipes meet)

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
yeah I need to cut open the front one. the rear one isnt too bad. I looked inside the rear of the front one and it had some build up going on. I will cut it open tomorrow and see how bad it really is. I know its not as bad as yours tho, I havent driven it long to melt it

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All the clamps wouldn't come off on mine either, so it came off in pieces as well.

James

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
I hate that fawking air injection tube too. I ddint even try to get it off cause I knew it wouldnt anyway. I just cut it. Im not sure how Im going to reconnect it again?? hopefully I can just slide it over the new exhuast and either clamp it or weld it

1 - 20 of 48 Posts