Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to make a suggestion and am asking for input from other Broncospeed followers.

I suggest that we allow relevant Bronco speed/performance parts for sale posts in this forum. The red Nazi is extremely vigilant in removing any parts for sale / wanted posts from the forum and to me it is annoying. I do not read the other classified section often because I am not interested in another parted out Bronco. I am interested in aftermarket performance parts that really only pertain to members of this forum. For example I am referring to the National race leaf springs that I posted a while back or yogi's post looking for extended shackles, these are not items that the general FSB crowd is looking for and belong in our forum. Do any of you feel the same way?

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,827 Posts
Amen. We have the "BroncoSpeed for sale" thread, but according to the Red Nazi, they can't be parts that we are selling (thus they have to come from a third party site). I dont think it's a huge deal (RedWagon is just doing his job), but for the ease finding parts you want to buy and to advertise to the proper crowd for something you want to sell, it would be nice to have a sub-forum in the BroncoSpeed forum.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,778 Posts
As Stan stated- Red Nazi is doing his job....in real life- he isn't a Nazi--he just plays one on the forums :goodfinge :toothless

I do think that its a nice idea for specific BroncoSpeed parts be listed here rather than in the General For Sale section.

Probably (or 'prolly' if that is the way you prefer) best to take it up with the powers that be or post in the suggestion area of the forum.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
And who gets to decide what is considered speed related and not speed related?...
We have rules for a reason...if you don't want to follow them then suffer the consequences....
I did not make the rules, just try to enforce them, if you have a personal problem with me take it to pm's.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Calling a MOD a Nazi is not a good way to get your request considered.

1. It brings negative attention to your plight.

2. It Godwins your thread from the first post.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_Law

I would suggest removing the word Nazi, and replacing it with something more flattering. Perhaps "Sexy Man", "Hero", or even the always popular "Master"

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Calling a MOD a Nazi is not a good way to get your request considered.

1. It brings negative attention to your plight.

2. It Godwins your thread from the first post.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_Law

I would suggest removing the word Nazi, and replacing it with something more flattering. Perhaps "Sexy Man", "Hero", or even the always popular "Master"

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Can I call him "David" at least? Nobody's patrolled the "for sale" threads like this since he was here..

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
This is great. I'm curious what criteria is used to select a moderator.

I agree on both counts here. Nazi accusations aren't exactly useful in "how to win friends and influence people" and while there is certain frustration associated with Gunit's query, he does bring up a valid, albeit debatable point. Most of the Broncospeed crew sell parts that will draw more interest in the niche subforum than the general classifieds; therefore, they are more likely to sell here. The drawback to having a niche classified section is, as Tim mentioned, determining which parts qualify. The BS crew(no pun intended) will have to demonstrate discipline and refrain from posting parts that should be in the general classifieds (e.g. stock TTB parts, Bilstein 5100's, Rancho coil springs, 8.8" parts, etc.) If a niche section is to be successful, it needs to be limited to race and/or high end components (e.g. min 2.5" dia shocks, custom TTB beams, HID only off-road lamps, floater nines, etc).

Broncospeed is gaining interest and growing at a steady pace. This forum would not exist if "Nazi" was used at the suggestion stage. Let's be wise about how we approach change requests. I'm certain there is a solution that fits the 80/20 rule.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
This is great. I'm curious what criteria is used to select a moderator.

I agree on both counts here. Nazi accusations aren't exactly useful in "how to win friends and influence people" and while there is certain frustration associated with Gunit's query, he does bring up a valid, albeit debatable point. Most of the Broncospeed crew sell parts that will draw more interest in the niche subforum than the general classifieds; therefore, they are more likely to sell here. The drawback to having a niche classified section is, as Tim mentioned, determining which parts qualify. The BS crew(no pun intended) will have to demonstrate discipline and refrain from posting parts that should be in the general classifieds (e.g. stock TTB parts, Bilstein 5100's, Rancho coil springs, 8.8" parts, etc.) If a niche section is to be successful, it needs to be limited to race and/or high end components (e.g. min 2.5" dia shocks, custom TTB beams, HID only off-road lamps, floater nines, etc).

Broncospeed is gaining interest and growing at a steady pace. This forum would not exist if "Nazi" was used at the suggestion stage. Let's be wise about how we approach change requests. I'm certain there is a solution that fits the 80/20 rule.
Brian I have always respected your opinions, and like stated, where does the line get drawn on what parts can be sold where, and how many people do we piss off when their threads are moved? So until a decision is made the rules will be enforced whether certain individuals like it or not. I was one of the biggest supporters for the broncospeed forum and promised to do my best to keep it just that, a speed forum. When it is decided and new rules are made I will also enforce those to the best of my ability.

:beer to all that understand.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Seems like the same could be said for lots of "niche" bronco parts. A good example would be SAS parts. Or 78/79 parts since they aren't interchangeable owners could argue that they don't want to sift through the huge amounts of 80+ bronco parts to find the 78/79 parts. You could also break the for sale section into subsections for states/regions so if you were only willing to sell/buy locally people could look in their own state/region and if somebody was willing to ship they could post in the "main" section.

Point being? There are lots of ways you could "improve" things but as mentioned, who the heck has the time to moderate it when an ad is probably going to be up for such a short amount of time. Why not just put "broncospeed" in your thread, then you guys can just do an advanced search for "broncospeed" in the for sale section and you'd get the results you want. No mod involvement required.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Brian I have always respected your opinions, and like stated, where does the line get drawn on what parts can be sold where, and how many people do we piss off when their threads are moved? So until a decision is made the rules will be enforced whether certain individuals like it or not. I was one of the biggest supporters for the broncospeed forum and promised to do my best to keep it just that, a speed forum. When it is decided and new rules are made I will also enforce those to the best of my ability.

:beer to all that understand.
Absolutely Tim. Not knocking your decisions at all. I'm going to ponder some ideas to see if I can think of something that is simple to implement with minimal management requirements.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.