Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

· Original FSB.COM Owner
10,247 Posts
Broncospeed is gaining interest and growing at a steady pace. This forum would not exist if "Nazi" was used at the suggestion stage. Let's be wise about how we approach change requests. I'm certain there is a solution that fits the 80/20 rule.
and i dont mind entertaining a change of rules at all, but bashing someone, that is only doing what I have asked of them as a moderator, will not encourage me to take it serious, i'm not pointing fingers or naming names, this is true of any instance in any forum, involving any moderator

I will say that a seperate forsale forum will not be added at this point or in the near future but i'm open to other suggestions

· Original FSB.COM Owner
10,247 Posts
Seems like the same could be said for lots of "niche" bronco parts. A good example would be SAS parts. Or 78/79 parts since they aren't interchangeable owners could argue that they don't want to sift through the huge amounts of 80+ bronco parts to find the 78/79 parts. You could also break the for sale section into subsections for states/regions so if you were only willing to sell/buy locally people could look in their own state/region and if somebody was willing to ship they could post in the "main" section.

Point being? There are lots of ways you could "improve" things but as mentioned, who the heck has the time to moderate it when an ad is probably going to be up for such a short amount of time. Why not just put "broncospeed" in your thread, then you guys can just do an advanced search for "broncospeed" in the for sale section and you'd get the results you want. No mod involvement required.
good points, it also touches on the fact that if we start a seperate speed forum then we will be asked for a seperate sas forum, them another, then another, then there are 14 for sale forums with at least half of the parts being able to be posted in another forum and people missing out on the opportunity to see it

the for sale forum is already broke down to states so that at least those looking for something can narrow it down to local or easily shippable at a lower cost

· Registered
981 Posts
I definately like the idea but I can see where the problems begin. Redwagon you are doing a fine job at keeping things within the rules and I am sure that gunit did not mean anything by the term, heck it actually is kind of a compliment in a weird way since it really refers to the fact that you are on top of things. Perhaps an option would be allowing a simple post announcing the item and then a simple please PM me for the details? I know that I try to offer up things to this group first if I can. Anyways for my two cents I do like the idea and I can see the mods points. Some people out there will abuse the privilages. Again to the mods thnaks for keeping things in line I know that it can be a PITA and rarely do you guys/gals get the credit you deserve for patrolling the forums for the crap....

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Can we at least agree that if a Bronco member wants to post an item that he or she is selling in the BroncoSpeed Gear on the Net" it won't be moved. We post them there because we believe other BroncoSpeed members may have interest in these items.

Chris

· Registered
981 Posts
Can we at least agree that if a Bronco member wants to post an item that he or she is selling in the BroncoSpeed Gear on the Net" it won't be moved. We post them there because we believe other BroncoSpeed members may have interest in these items.

Chris
I think that might be a good solution that can keep everyone happy:smilie_slap

· Registered
2,474 Posts
That's what I was thinking. Keep the posts simple, take all transaction related chit-chat to PM.

· Zombie Hunter
13,819 Posts
Man you guys really want special treatment don't you?

Have you noticed yet that you are the only specific type of Bronco that has it's own section.

There is no Rock Crawler section, there is no Mud section, there is no daily driver section, but yet, you guys have your own section, and your still complaining. I don't use the same parts as Rock Crawlers, but i manage to use our for sale section pretty well, how have i managed with this unjust system?

The idea of FullsizeBronco is for enthusiasts of all types to relish in what is teh Bronco. If you really want to be segregated that much from the rest of the Bronco Forum, it might be in your best interest to start your own Vb Board.

We have rules set into place as moderators to keep the board flowing, functional and organized and to keep the loonies from driving the regular members nutso. If a for sale thread is posted in the wrong place, we move it, it's not that hard of a job, it's also what we have been instructed to do.

If you have the elitist need to feel special, when posting in the parts section, put "BRONCOSPEED" in the title of your thread. That way when you and other users of this specific section sell stuff, they can see you are selling BroncoSpeed parts. On top of that, it would probably draw more people into your end of the sport. Seeing BroncoSpeed in the header of a for sale post may pique the interest of someone who knew nothing about it, and then goes on further to investigate it, giving you guys more members.

Pandering to one specific group of Broncos is only going to cause more hassle and effort on Joe's part to create more sections in an already specific section. Once you guys get your own little for sale section, the other specific broncos are going to want more too. At some point FSB would be a completely segregated group of Bronco owners. Regardless of how popular you think this sport is becoming, you are still a very unique and small part of the entire group of Bronco Owners, it would probably be wise to be more open to use other parts of the board in order to make your unique niche a little bit more popular before insisting on your own sections.

· Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
24,003 Posts

Chris
If its a link to a sale item ie: race-dezert or any other advertising forum, I leave them, if its a post with the part in it then it goes and I have explained this to members and most dont have a problem as I see it by posting on Race-dezert or Craigslist you are going to get way more exposure than just posting it on FSB.

· Registered
1,020 Posts
I totally agree and thanks for including my post in there. You are so right that those of us on this (broncospeed forum) dont look at other forums that much.Were busy enough.

· Registered
981 Posts
Man you guys really want special treatment don't you?

Have you noticed yet that you are the only specific type of Bronco that has it's own section.

There is no Rock Crawler section, there is no Mud section, there is no daily driver section, but yet, you guys have your own section, and your still complaining. I don't use the same parts as Rock Crawlers, but i manage to use our for sale section pretty well, how have i managed with this unjust system?

The idea of FullsizeBronco is for enthusiasts of all types to relish in what is teh Bronco. If you really want to be segregated that much from the rest of the Bronco Forum, it might be in your best interest to start your own Vb Board.

We have rules set into place as moderators to keep the board flowing, functional and organized and to keep the loonies from driving the regular members nutso. If a for sale thread is posted in the wrong place, we move it, it's not that hard of a job, it's also what we have been instructed to do.

If you have the elitist need to feel special, when posting in the parts section, put "BRONCOSPEED" in the title of your thread. That way when you and other users of this specific section sell stuff, they can see you are selling BroncoSpeed parts. On top of that, it would probably draw more people into your end of the sport. Seeing BroncoSpeed in the header of a for sale post may pique the interest of someone who knew nothing about it, and then goes on further to investigate it, giving you guys more members.

Pandering to one specific group of Broncos is only going to cause more hassle and effort on Joe's part to create more sections in an already specific section. Once you guys get your own little for sale section, the other specific broncos are going to want more too. At some point FSB would be a completely segregated group of Bronco owners. Regardless of how popular you think this sport is becoming, you are still a very unique and small part of the entire group of Bronco Owners, it would probably be wise to be more open to use other parts of the board in order to make your unique niche a little bit more popular before insisting on your own sections.
Special treatment....no The suggestion was only brought up, many times when parts come up for sale in the broncospeed side they are offered up to those that frequent the forum first as often you see among the sas group, if noone is interested then they go on the open market.FSB is not the premier source for selling parts but you can find many bronco specific items here so often it is just trying to help somone out. I really have enjoyed the broncospeed section and the overall FSB forum, you and all the other mods do a great job, we all understand why the rules are there but a simple question regarding possibly changing them was brought up and those of us that frequent the forum agreed it was a good idea. If you and the other mods do not feel it is in keeping good order and dicipline on the board then fine.
You are never going to please everybody we all get that and from your comment it leaves me with the distinct feeling you dont really want us here at all.
I understand that you cant have a special for sale area for everybody and thats cool but flaming us for asking the question seems to be a little overkill. THats my 2 cents hop eyou and all the other mods have a great day:beer

· Registered
981 Posts
If its a link to a sale item ie: race-dezert or any other advertising forum, I leave them, if its a post with the part in it then it goes and I have explained this to members and most dont have a problem as I see it by posting on Race-dezert or Craigslist you are going to get way more exposure than just posting it on FSB.
Cool, I think that is a good comprimise thanks again Redwagon for doing all the mod stuff:thumbup

· Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
24,003 Posts
Special treatment....no The suggestion was only brought up, many times when parts come up for sale in the broncospeed side they are offered up to those that frequent the forum first as often you see among the sas group, if noone is interested then they go on the open market.FSB is not the premier source for selling parts but you can find many bronco specific items here so often it is just trying to help somone out. I really have enjoyed the broncospeed section and the overall FSB forum, you and all the other mods do a great job, we all understand why the rules are there but a simple question regarding possibly changing them was brought up and those of us that frequent the forum agreed it was a good idea. If you and the other mods do not feel it is in keeping good order and dicipline on the board then fine.
You are never going to please everybody we all get that and from your comment it leaves me with the distinct feeling you dont really want us here at all.
I understand that you cant have a special for sale area for everybody and thats cool but flaming us for asking the question seems to be a little overkill. THats my 2 cents hop eyou and all the other mods have a great day:beer
Flaming?...its not the question but how the question was asked.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
I guess the bottom line is that we'll have to post our items in another site such as Race-Dezert.com, DezertRangers.com, etc. and then post a link in the "BroncoSpeed Specific Gear on the Net" thread. I guess that's better then nothing at all.

By the way, well said Polar Cub.

· Registered
352 Posts
It would be cool if the whole for sale section were split into catagorys. ex. (Stock Replacment parts)
(Drivetrian)
( Body parts)
(tires and wheels)
(ect)

Or maybe just a sticky thread on the Broncospeed page would be cool too. But regardless calling the mods name wont get anyting done at all.

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Everyone has valid points, but it all boils down to the rules. I have bent a few myself when it comes to selling stuff, but Timmy-me-boy is there to keep me in line. Is it frustrating? Yes? Will it keep me from this site? No! I appreciate the fact that we do have our own forum, and i don't want to see that go away.

I think that being able to put up a link in the bs gear for sale thread is a good compromise.

Now where did i put those bongo drums?

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.