Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wandering through a field recently and I found a fender emblem from the old 62-77 Broncos, you know, the one that says "Bronco" in cursive. I was thinking the emblem would look good mounted to my dash right above the glove compartment of my 95 Bronco. The emblem has...bumps for lack of a better word that kind of look like rivets but aren't on the back. They have rubber shit around them and stuff, but they can be easily shaved off if need be. Any bright ideas on how to mount it up?

If you need pics or anything just let me know.

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
andrew351 said:
So I was wandering through a field recently and I found a fender emblem from the old 62-77 Broncos, you know, the one that says "Bronco" in cursive. I was thinking the emblem would look good mounted to my dash right above the glove compartment of my 95 Bronco. The emblem has...bumps for lack of a better word that kind of look like rivets but aren't on the back. They have rubber shit around them and stuff, but they can be easily shaved off if need be. Any bright ideas on how to mount it up?

If you need pics or anything just let me know.

Thanks,
Andrew

If it's the one I'm thinking of, 84x4bronco has them on his bko. If you shave the "bumps" off, and have a flat mounting surface, there should be some sort of trim adhesive at any local autoparts store. Just double check to see what materials it'll stick too.

Should be pretty easy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about doing that, but I was wondering if there is a more permanent solution like drilling or riveting or something?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Those emblems are much cooler than the block letters on my '92. If I ever get mine painted, I'm gonna put one of those early Bronco emblems on the outside in the stock location...

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
JB Weld:rofl:

·
Registered
33 Posts
they make a interior bond that comes in a gel form, that I used on my mark VIII. it was only 97 cents for a small bottle of it, and I got 5 emblems mounted out of it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Regentselite said:
they make a interior bond that comes in a gel form, that I used on my mark VIII. it was only 97 cents for a small bottle of it, and I got 5 emblems mounted out of it.

What is that stuff called?

·
aka BroncoB♥tch
840 Posts
well if you are going to go as far as to drill holes in the dash to put it on there ya might as well buy the barrel clips from bronco graveyard to put it in the way it was originally mounted on the eb's. I have a pair I'm sticking on the outside of mine on the cowl there replacing the original block looking ones. or and this only works if ya have the metal dash but you can do like I did with my glove box trim and buy a pack of the blank magnetic business cards or a full sheet of sticky magnet material trace out your emblem and stick that on the back. although you would have to grind down the tabs then too. but I would go for the first if you are going to keep it there permanently. Theres always that Gorilla Glue stuff too...

·
Registered
776 Posts
kuss said:
Those emblems are much cooler than the block letters on my '92. If I ever get mine painted, I'm gonna put one of those early Bronco emblems on the outside in the stock location...
ditto:rockon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts