Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any kind of gasket go under the aluminum pan under the intake or does it just sit on there? And what are the intake bolts supposed to be torqued down to?

Thanks

Cameron

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
CJW said:
Does any kind of gasket go under the aluminum pan under the intake or does it just sit on there? And what are the intake bolts supposed to be torqued down to?

Thanks

Cameron

Is it the spider for your roller lifters??? or is it your lower intake manifold you are talking about??? If its the latter hell ya there is a gasket.

Check in your haynes manual about the torque.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
yes there is a gasket that goes on it. There is a gasket that goes on damn near everything for the intake

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm talking about underneath the very thin aluminum pan underneath the actual intake. One 351M I have had silicone underneath, and the one on the bronco had nothing underneath it.

Cameron

·
Registered
689 Posts
it called a valley pan and no...no gasket is used....that is the gasket. but i do use indian head shilak on mine ....or silicon as said earlyer would work

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
As stated above it is the gasket, Autozone had one in stock when we did the engine swap. It was $25.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So nothing goes underneath it, but do I use the gaskets that I ordered that go on top?

Sorry if I'm confusing anybody, I'm confusing myself more.:banghead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts