Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in Indio for the Cochella music festival from Apr 29th to May 1. I decided to fly into Ontario instead of Palm Springs, b/c the plane ticket was a third of the price. The downside is it's 92+ miles away from the concert.

I looked on Yahoo maps, and it estimates 1 1/2 hours for the trip, and it makes it sound easy.

Is the drive from Ontario to Indio and back an easy one, or is it one that someone who's never been in that area can get lost real easy?

I was thinking about renting a car, and trying it myself, but I wanted to make sure 1st...I'm not the best at navigating.

I was also thinking of hitting up one of you west coasters, if anyone lives close by, and wants to make some easy money playing taxi. I'll pay you(well) for your time.

If all else fails, I'll take some sort of taxi or shuttle.

·
Registered
971 Posts
The drive from ontario to Indio is not a bad one at all, getting on the 10 from the airport is a piece of cake and then its a straight shot into indio. Yahoo is a it conservative its about an hour drive. You may look at the airport shuttles probably wouldnt be much more than a rental, I wish I was going to be in country otherwise I would offer to play taxi for you. Good luck whatever you decide.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Polar Cub said:
The drive from ontario to Indio is not a bad one at all, getting on the 10 from the airport is a piece of cake and then its a straight shot into indio. Yahoo is a it conservative its about an hour drive. You may look at the airport shuttles probably wouldnt be much more than a rental, I wish I was going to be in country otherwise I would offer to play taxi for you. Good luck whatever you decide.
I actually leave the country, the day after I get home.

We dont need to tell anyone about that though:brownbag

Thanks for the info:beer

·
Registered
971 Posts
I am guessing your air force? I am actually going over with airborne but I am Navy (no not a seal) long story but I will be working on the anti mortar rocket systems so I should be easy to find if I dont have my internet up right away

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.