Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a long time since I posted but I find the need for help!!!!!! Through a weird occurance, the sheave for my oba pump cut through one of the lines coming out of the top of my abs pump (its a 96) This of course caused a leak and no brakes. I welt to ford to get a new line but as I suspected ford no longer carries it. LMC and JBG are no goes and I cant find one locally. I would buy a piece of line and bend it myself, but the fittings are oddball. the Master cylinder end is standard 7/16 . 45 degree flare, but the abs pump end is a 13mm fitting with a balloon head. I MIGHT be able to get one made at a brake shop that is closed over the weekend, but if not I will need to somehow poop one..... So if ANYONE has the hard brake line that runs from the left port on top of the abs pump (as you look at the pump from front of truck) that runs to the rear port of the brake master cylinder I would be eternally grateful The line should be covered with a spiral wire protective covering. with the above described fittings. Hopefully someone has old abs stuff they removed ??????? Lemme know watcha got.... Or ideas how to get one...:banghead:banghead:banghead

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
You can make one yourself. Just cut the ends off your old line and keep the fittings, then get a new piece of 3/16-inch brake line long enough to replace the old one. Cut the ends off and remove the fittings that came with it. Slide the old fittings over the ends. Now use a flare tool on both ends; you must double-flare the flared end, and IIRC you can use the same tool to bubble-flare the other end. You may want to practice on the old line first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts