Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the abs dash light comes on occasionaly. I've heard it's a computer chip issue, I've also heard that this chip costs about $700. any recommendations???

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Could be the abs computer... Could also be the tone sensor (I think) on the rear axle. At least from 92ish up. I believe Allcruisen had this issue, and 50 bucks fixed him up...Hopefully he'll chime in hear.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Drilim said:
Could be the abs computer... Could also be the tone sensor (I think) on the rear axle. At least from 92ish up. I believe Allcruisen had this issue, and 50 bucks fixed him up...Hopefully he'll chime in hear.
Someone else had that problem and fixed by taking the rear axle cover off, and discovering the toner sensor was caked with goo and whatnot. Cleaned it, put fresh gear oil in, and problem went away.

There are also 2 sensors up front at each wheel that could cause this problem.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Is the ABS light the only one indicating, and does your cruise work or speedo jump around?

There is a sensor mounted on the top of the rear axle housing that is for the ABS, cruise and speedo. As thejuice mentioned, it may be covered with junk or could be faulty. You can pull it without draining rear diff. and check it out.

:thumbup

·
Registered
529 Posts
Depending on year, there are also 2 more sensors up front. Try pulling the codes first and then fix the problem instead of shooting in the dark.

Wow! I must be reading too much of Fireguy's posts!!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only other problem that I can notice is sometimes the front brakes appear to lock up or bind at very low speeds 8 mph and less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts