Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this was asked somewhere before but........anyone's Bronco with ABS have the indicator light come on and not go out??
It lights up after driving about 1 km. I think that the braking system reverts to standard braking when this happens but am unsure. Any ideas how to cure.....and am I in a heap of repair trouble??? :cry
Oh yeah 93 with 275,000km's/170,000miles. Tanks in advance. :beer
And lastly.....I tried the electrical tape over the light but could still see it glowing around the edges so that didn't work:D

·
Registered
297 Posts
If I'm not mistaken here your 93 only has rear ABS correct? If so your sensor is more than likely bad on the rear dif, you have a tone ring on the carrier next to the ring gear and the sensor is on the top, pretty easy to remove and replace but the cost is around $75 or so (that was the cost for mine about 2 years ago)

Not sure if that's your problem but that's where I'd start. Take it to a shop and have them test the sensor, it could be something as simple as a fuse but...

And yes your ABS is disabled when the light is on.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
93's had full ABS.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My bad then, thought they came out with 4wABS in 94. then you then have 3 sensors to have checked, you can see the wires behind the dust shield on the front wheels, to replace the sensors on front you have to remove the brakes and disks though.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I believe 4 wheel abs was an option in 93.Just look to see if you have a wiring harness attached to the hydraulic brake lines going to the front .It usually runs along side of the line until it gets closer to the hub.If it is the rear sensor I believe you speedo would'nt work either.I usually keep one of the sensors in stock because they are prone to fail.My cost on one with my 20% discount is about $20.Good luck.

·
Banned
11,038 Posts
4WABS was standard in '93, and you can pull codes from it very much like pulling codes from the EEC. The Haynes manual shows how, and has a code list.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the Haynes. I'll check the codes this weekend and let ya know. Thanks:beer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts