Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just spent a week lifting my 93' six inches on some 35's and its all good except the damn brakes pulsate and try to pull me to the left, after awhile, the ABS light comes on and they are fine...What is up with that? I bled the brakes twice and dont get any air...any suggestions? Also my Cuise Control dont work anymore either? Any input guyz???

-Ely
'93 XLT 5 SPD
6" Pro Comp Stage II
35'' Mud Kings On 15'' MT's

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The ABS on the 93 has a test port right next to the ECU test port. If you have a Haynes manual, it will give you the correct procedure to test the ABS.
From your description of the problem though I would take a look at the VSS at the top of the rear pumpkin. Pull it out and clean it and its connections up and see what you get. You could also take a look at the ABS sensors in the front on each side.....make sure they are connected and clean.

Oh....BTW is your speedo working ok?

What I have found to be the best/fastest/and by far the most easy cure to the problem, is to just disable the ABS, and live with the light on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
humm

my speedo is like 15-20 miles off,i already got pulled over pulling a trailer and told the stupid cop i just finished my lift and i thought i was going 55...as far as the ABS goes,does yours work? and what do u think about the cruise control?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
killa e said:
my speedo is like 15-20 miles off,i already got pulled over pulling a trailer and told the stupid cop i just finished my lift and i thought i was going 55...as far as the ABS goes,does yours work? and what do u think about the cruise control?
Kids.:doh0715:

What was your ticket from the "stupid cop"?:goodfinge

Why were you stupid enough not to realize your speedo would be off?:goodfinge :goodfinge

If you take the ticket to court, will you call the judge stupid for agreeing with the stupid cop?:duh

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HATER!

U sound like a cop, yea i didnt get a ticket...so stop hatin all up there in oregon...u dont know bout Kali...

KILLA E

·
Registered
153 Posts
Your front wheel speed is measured at the tires, and your rear is probably measured at the transfercase tailshaft. once you change the tire size you screw up the math. You cant change a variable and come up with the same answer.

Theres nothing wrong with your brakes. After changing your tire size and/ or gearing, your abs module is seeing two different wheel speeds front to rear. Go to ford and they should be able to flash yor E-prom. as long as theyre not jerks about you modifiying your truck.

Same for cruize, garbage in, garbage out.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
For the record when your abs light is on, your ABS is off, so there is nothing wrong with your actual brakes, JUST you ABS.

Thought I was going 55:wacko Hey it worked so :thumbup

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Aaron Sandberg said:
Your front wheel speed is measured at the tires, and your rear is probably measured at the transfercase tailshaft. .
If by transfer case tailshaft you mean a VSS using a tone ring in the rear diff then yes.
Aaron Sandberg said:
your abs module is seeing two different wheel speeds front to rear.
Explain to me exactly how that works?
Aaron Sandberg said:
Go to ford and they should be able to flash yor E-prom.
E-prom?
killa e said:
U sound like a cop, yea i didnt get a ticket...so stop hatin all up there in oregon...u dont know bout Kali...
What language is this?
Do you speak english?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
killa e said:

KILLA E

Oh no, not just a kid....:shocked

but a Punk Kid.:goodfinge

I lived in California (yes, that is the actual state name which you apparently live in, in case you're asked to spell it) many years, so I know a little about the state.

No, I'm not a cop, I just have a little respect. It's not an easy job. You should have a little respect too, seeing as the officer could have ticketed you and did not.

·
Registered
153 Posts
wasnt sure where where a 93 kept its vss.

ford should be able to up-load a new set of numbers to make the ABS and cruize work again.

An eprom is a computer chip found in ECMs (Engine Control Module) that is re-progammable. IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH ENGLISH?

IF, notice I say if, you had a VSS reading your driveline speed, then you would have to devide your tire size by your gear ratio or someting like that. Changing your tire size would throw the equation off.

You dont have to be a prick about it GACKNAR.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
You don't flash EEC-IV's. They are not EEPROM-based.

The electronic device responsible for VSS, speedometer operation, and cruise control? That's the PSOM. :D

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Aaron Sandberg said:
IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH ENGLISH?.
WTF are you talking about? :wtf
Why would you even ask that?

Yes thats verry good english. :thumbup
Much better than my own.
YAY you, go team :upup:

Aaron Sandberg said:
You dont have to be a prick about it GACKNAR.
Again WTF are you talking about?
Show me exactly where I was a prick.
Noobs, I swear they get more and more sensitive every day.

Jeezz, here have a hug and a beer :hug :beer

SigEpBlue said:
You don't flash EEC-IV's. They are not EEPROM-based.
:stupid
Exactly, the only way to reprogram an EEC-IV computer is with an aftermarket tuner/chip in the J3 service port and no Ford dealership will do that.

·
Registered
153 Posts
thank you SigEpBlue for educating me in a more educational and professional manner. I guess some people would rather noobs stay noobs.

Your english skills are good, but youre communcation skills are lacking, Talk down to people like theyre retards and youll always come off sounding like a prick.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Feel the love. BTW I am a cop and if you had that attitude with me I would have held you up for god knows how long finding every little thing wrong to write a ticket for.:toothless

English lessons from Gacknar, I think I have seen it all now.
Just messing with you Gack.:drinkbud

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Aaron Sandberg said:
thank you SigEpBlue for educating me in a more educational and professional manner. I guess some people would rather noobs stay noobs.

Your english skills are good, but youre communcation skills are lacking, Talk down to people like theyre retards and youll always come off sounding like a prick.
Aaron, try not to take stuff personal. Sometimes I do as well, as many might. I don't think the anti-Yam meant it that way. Learn, stay cool, search a lot, and have fun.:thumbup This is a great site, just stay the course.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry for getting defensive, but I have issues with people treating me like an idiot.

Ill admit that Im a noob to fords and forums, but Ive been wrenching a long time, and Im even an Audi/VW tech. I try to help people when I can and Im sure Ill be wrong PLENTY about Fords. Please, If and when im wrong, correct me in a civil manner. I would like to learn as much as I can abou my FSB and I cant think of a better place.:thumbup

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Aaron Sandberg said:
Sorry for getting defensive, but I have issues with people treating me like an idiot.
1. Your gonna get along great here :thumbup

2. Are you a Yam?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts