Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the midst of swapping in a new 302 EFI motor and I can't quite remember the bracket sequence putting it back together so it ties in with the water pump & power steering, I sort of have it but not...................................:scratchhe

I have checked Steve83's FSB album and didn't find it, does anyone have a casual side view picture of that spot or diagram. :doh0715:

The larger piece with the half moon is where the compressor sits on top and it's the farthest out, then there's a a boomerang shaped piece that's towards the back for the compressor, but I can't figure out how the small piece towards the bottom goes to the power steering pump for belt tension.

And yes! I have pictures on my Flip mini cam to shown later.

Thanks ~ :thumbup

·
Banned
11,499 Posts

Usually, there's a flat piece with 3 holes that goes to 2 compressor bolts & 1 bolt beside the PS pump. It has nothing to do with belt tension (that's done by the spring tensioner); it's just an additional support for the compressor.

·
Premium Member
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to reconstruct it on the bench after a few hours of screwing around and I decided to omit it for now because I haven't used the AC in 5 years and the compressor needs rebuilding I'm sure but I did manage to set the the power steering pivot with the smaller bracket piece with the slot for proper tension on the belt, it worked out and now I have more room. :chili:

Thanks ~ :thumbup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts