Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday when I tried to run the AC on MAX it stopped flowing through the front vents and switched to the windshield defroster. I put it back to normal AC and it switched to flow back through the normal front vents. Switched it back to MAX and it went back to the windshield again. I was told it was a possible Vacuum leak. But if it was a vacuum leak why would it blow AC through the vents on normal AC and then switch to the windshield when AC MAX? Any suggestions??

·
Registered
68 Posts
i had a similar problem, it was a vacuum leak in the engine compartment that controlled the actuator valve. It on the passanger side, up against the firewall. It was a white tube that got brittle and cracked.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I see your NEW...

Since your new, here's a freebie. But you should try doing a simple search in the future, you would have found things like this in a fraction of the time you spent waiting for a reply. Hopefully this is what your looking for.

PROBLEM

SOLUTION

Done.:thumbup

·
Registered
162 Posts
You have a vacuum leak in one of the lines leading from the AC blower box to the AC plumbing under the dash. Most likely one of the white lines which disentrgrate over time. The default setting for the AC without enough vacuum is defrost which is why it only blows on the windshield. East fix, just be patient and run it down.--Buzz

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I found the problem with the AC. You wouldn't believe it. I popped open the hood and the first thing I noticed was the white tube that connects the AC was missing. I searched around and found it was disconnected. I cut the line and reaatached it and the AC works great. Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
4,782 Posts
You might find that the rest of the tubing is brittle also. In time you may want to just go ahead and replace it and reline your vacuum control unit. I'm getting ready to do that with my 92 and replace all my taped up vacuum lines.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i had a similar problem, it was a vacuum leak in the engine compartment that controlled the actuator valve. It on the passanger side, up against the firewall. It was a white tube that got brittle and cracked.
+1, I had the same problem and it was that white old brittle vacuum hose tube. I replaced part of it and it worked fine. Now its doing it again but i still have some more to replace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts