Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed everyone is going with the tweecer on here but I on the other hand a long time ago before ther was even a efi tuning section purchased the accel thruster dfi system thru jegs to power my 331 efi stroker, come with computer,o2 controller full harness of course I had to lengthen and shorten and make a few nodifications here and ther but ounce I did it worked out great and I haven't had any problems with it , after probably about 18thousand miles encounting I just recently swaped the heads for some edelbrock victor jrs and brought it to be tuned at mustang magic on long island ny and they dynoed and tuned it no problem every time where as my buddy with his boosted 87 bmw with a cummiins turbo on it and a tweecer for tuning has had a few problems with his tweecer so I was just trying to say I def recamend the accel system yes it a bit costly I think around 2000 with msd ignition system computer injectors and of course bigger fuel pump

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
It's cool to share what is out there.:thumbup I wasn't aware of that system.

I could see problems trying to Tweec a BMW with boost, much more there to consider than using one on a Ford. However they chose a Ford EEC and Tweecer to run that BMW for good reason, Ford's EFI is pretty damn good stock. If you upgrade your Ford to MAF and Tweec you can tune about any combo of power adders on your Ford.

You can get a new MAF harness, computer, MAF, injectors, Fuel pump, and Tweecer for about $1,500 and do much better than that with used parts. I suppose you got to consider how much time you want to spend too save money and if you like to DIY.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would anyone be interested in buying my whole accel setup -the ignition box, includes tunes, custom harness,ecm,wideband controler, all sensors, accel duel sync distributor which isbrand new, and possibly 32lb injectors, and off course the software and directions i have all paper work and receipts selling because i went a different route with truck pm me if interested

1 - 4 of 4 Posts