Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1991 351w/E4OD/3" lift/4.56/33" tires/LSD FR+RR
519 Posts
Over time I've taken the measures below to give my '91 351 more power. All of which gave me significant power gains:

• Advanced 12 degrees (make sure plugs and cap are newish and all firing)
  • Replaced clogged catalytic converter (this made a huge difference)
  • The gas peddle was actually bottoming out on the floor mat.. which didn't allow wide open throttle. Throttle cable is too long. I wonder how many owners are having this issue and don't even know it.
  • 4.56 gears with my 33" tires. While 3.55 with 33" and 302 is not a good combination for power, you should be able to get up to highway speeds fine. 4.10 or 4.56 gears would definitely make a difference but only done last on the list when all other power robbing items have been addressed.

· Registered
1991 351w/E4OD/3" lift/4.56/33" tires/LSD FR+RR
519 Posts
How did you fix the throttle cable? I noticed forst drive that i was bottoming out on the floor.
For some reason the correct length of throttle cable is very hard to find online. Probably why a lot of BKO's are having this issue. All of the aftermarket cables are too long. After exhaustive research For my '91 I found this one but this Ford parts website says it does not fit my vehicle do I didn't get it. Maybe someone here will be able to verify this. 1992-1996 Ford Throttle Cable F4TZ-9A758-L | Village Ford.. I finally gave up searching and just used a steel cable clamp to set where the peddle stops.... Removing the floor mat also helped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.