Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1995 Bronco XLT 5.0
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1995 Bronco XLt. 105,000 MILES.

Transmission has been rebuilt, new driveshaft, new fuel pump,......

Lots of goodies, but the truck on the highway seems to be sluggish.

When I pull off of an exit I have to floor it to get it up to 55-60mph and it does not appear to ever want to go 65mph or faster.

My question is.... is this normal? Or do I potentially have an issue?

Thanks for the help.

-Baker

· Registered
1995 Bronco XLT 5.0
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truck is 5.0l V8,
3" lift with 33" NIttos
Transmission was rebuilt prior to my owning but she shifts smooth

My other car is a Scat Pack charger which is a beast, but I have had a few trucks (Tahoe, Ram) and never seen a SLUG like this

Thanks for the help

· Registered
1995 Bronco XLT 5.0
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Over time I've taken the measures below to give my '91 351 more power. All of which gave me significant power gains:

• Advanced 12 degrees (make sure plugs and cap are newish and all firing)
  • Replaced clogged catalytic converter (this made a huge difference)
  • The gas peddle was actually bottoming out on the floor mat.. which didn't allow wide open throttle. Throttle cable is too long. I wonder how many owners are having this issue and don't even know it.
  • 4.56 gears with my 33" tires. While 3.55 with 33" and 302 is not a good combination for power, you should be able to get up to highway speeds fine. 4.10 or 4.56 gears would definitely make a difference but only done last on the list when all other power robbing items have been addressed.
How did you fix the throttle cable? I noticed forst drive that i was bottoming out on the floor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.