Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got all of my accessories mounted up. The belt for the alt is not lining up with the groove its supposed to be in. I am wondering if using the after market balancer is throwing this stuff off? Do some companies offer spacers to line this stuff back up or do I need to find a different balancer drive pulley?

·
Registered
370 Posts
You just had your accessories off and back on?? If thats the case I would expect that you have something out of place. I have never seen an aftermarket balancer cause this.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You just had your accessories off and back on??
After a complete motor rebuild and all new accessories including a 3G upgrade.

Oh yeah , its an 87 with the 351 W and is all still v belts.

·
Side step it
1,584 Posts

·
Side step it
1,584 Posts
Sorry I type slow.....check out pg 1-3

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have the big case 3G. My truck has the v belts. The alt is supposed to run on the rear groove of the balancer pulley. It is lined up with the front groove of the balancer , but , the rear groove of the alt. I was thinking about modding the braket. However, I dont know if there is enough ther to remove to get it back to where it needs to be. Then there is the tension bracket where the alt bolts to it to keep the belt tight. I dont know!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The alt and the balancer is all that got changed with different components. I think its all on the alt now that I look at it. Its the only thing thats not in its home as far as the belt line up goes. It may be off 1-1/2" to 2".

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so this what I have observed. The balancer pulley is not sticking out far enough. The A/C bracket and and tensioner pulley is out past the balancer pulley. So the balancer is at fault here. So back to the original question"is there a spacer made for these to shim them out far enough?".

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have to wait for the part to be shipped. Should be here by Wednesday.However, that will fix it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts