Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Go Navy!
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this is not in the right forum I apologize but I didn't reallty see anything pertaining to this anywhere else.

I have a 1200W 10.8 amp power inverter I came across recently and I was wondering if it would be worth it to hard wire this into my bko for stuff like air compressors and so on when I am on the trail. Anybody help me out here.

·
Banned
33,450 Posts
You can't run a very big compressor with 1200W - is that peak (under 30 sec.) or nominal? If you have some moderate 110V accessories that you commonly need away from home, sure - it'd be useful. Just wire it up right & don't overload it, or your truck's charging system.

·
Go Navy!
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks peak is 2400W so it may be alright.Either way it will be nice to have for tailgating at Nascar races!

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I got one (smaller than yours) at Wally World, it has 750 peak, I use it for a Mr. Coffee (got an allegiance with Juan Valdez) charging batteries on power tools, running small power tools etc. I did not hard wire, but I got the one with alligator clips, Like jumper cables, to hook to the battery when needed, and fold up and store when not needed. Much simpler IMHO

Like we found out at RITS, it would not run Dana's 1600 watt hairdryer, but hey, like I tell everybody, ITS NOT BALD, its a solar panel for a sex machine.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I got one (smaller than yours) at Wally World, it has 750 peak, I use it for a Mr. Coffee (got an allegiance with Juan Valdez) charging batteries on power tools, running small power tools etc. I did not hard wire, but I got the one with alligator clips, Like jumper cables, to hook to the battery when needed, and fold up and store when not needed. Much simpler IMHO

Like we found out at RITS, it would not run Dana's 1600 watt hairdryer, but hey, like I tell everybody, ITS NOT BALD, its a solar panel for a sex machine.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
WTF? Joe, did the site burp or something? That is the longest multiple posting with just a single click of the mousey thing I have seen since I have been here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts