Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Some people will believe anything... (Not saying you do, but they're out there)

How much does the acetone cost to get the better mileage? In the end, is it cheaper? How about after you replace a bunch of your fuel injection system because the solvent chewed everything up?

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Can't be any worse then Sea Foam and that works fine, sort of the same principal isnt it maybe acetone is less expensive ~ :scratchhe

I'd be interested in what everyone else here has to say, I think I read that here some time ago IIRC.....................?

Thanks ~ :thumbup

·
Call an amberlamps!
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't be any worse then Sea Foam and that works fine, sort of the same principal isnt it maybe acetone is less expensive ~ :scratchhe

I'd be interested in what everyone else here has to say, I think I read that here some time ago IIRC.....................?

Thanks ~ :thumbup
its only like 2.50 a container and your only supposed to use a small amount... Its cheap... a little goes a long way

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Didn't this just come up within the last few days? :scratchhe

·
Call an amberlamps!
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bad guys, When i searched i must have misspelled "acetone" and nothing came up.

BTY: Mythbusters proved that it acc. make MPG worse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Doesn't work

I tried adding Acetone to my 1996 Bronco 5.8 Auto. I used the Acetone for five tanks of gas. My gas mileage got worse by 2 MPG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts