Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I just got done my lift. I do have question about my Superlift LONG add-a-leafs.

I know you mount then in order of length. I've seen on the site, people mount their LONG leafs 2nd from the top. So without checking I mounted mine the same. All seemed well, until I lowed the truck off the jackstands.

The Superlift add-a-leafs are short about 2inchs on one side (both short on the rear side) and about 1/2 inch longer on the front side then the now third leaf.

Im guessing I mounted them wrong and need to go back and place the new leafs third from the top and flip then around (the now short end rears to the front)

Would this also explain the very bouncy ride? (I have new shocks)

Thank you for your support:beer

Pic's for clicks

·
Registered
170 Posts
didnt see the above post.
Yeah what he said

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
It does sound like the AAL's may be reversed, since the leaf springs are a few inches shorter on the front side of the axle. You will prolly have to place them third from the top, as long as the rear half of the AAL doesn't extend past the 2nd leaf. IF it does, then you may want to cut off the excess or look for another set. The AAL's will stiffen up the ride somewhat, too. IF it's too harsh, you can remove the bottom overload spring. You will lose a bit of ride height but have a much softer ride, JSM84

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
A side pic of your truck helps little. How about of what the issue is. It sounds (since I can't see it) like on one or both sides you don't have the AAL toward the front. There should be a front and rear to each one you use, and obviously once you have that squared away, the longest one would go most likely as the second spring up top. Also if you have dual AAL's like my Rancho's are, it's pull 1 spring and insert the 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts