Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this before with little feedback. But I'm still anxious to get an AAL kit for my 94's sagging rear end. No more than 2"

I know a lot of yous will say to get a new spring pack, but it's WAY WAY WAY too expensive to ship it here.

Some of you will say to re-arc the springs. There's only one place on the island that does it and it's almost as expensive as getting new spring packs shipped here.

Some of you will say add a block. But I'm not really interested in a lift block. I just don't like them.

So I'd like to try an AAL just to see what results I get.

Someone out there have any info on what the actual lift is on the available AAL kits (e.g. Skyjacker, Rancho, Fabtech etc...)

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
From a bronco, F150 packs were 2.5", broncos are 3".

Um... go for it. :shrug

I bet JBG sells an addaleaf that will only net you an inch or two of lift.

·
Registered
604 Posts
They make 1" zero-rate leafs. This will give you 1" of lift, it bolts to the pack unlike a block, and should be dirt cheap to ship since they are only 6" (at most) long. And cheap too at around $40 for the pair before shipping. This is likely the best bet for your stated requirements.

http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/Zero Rates.htm

$40 for the 2.5" version, says to call that they have the 3" version available.

--MIKE--

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I think you are looking at about at least 1" of lift and as much as 1 3/4"? Go for it.
My add a leaf did not come with new u-bolts so get those before you start.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info gang!

mike: those aal/blocks look pretty good for what I want to do. I think I'm going to get those.

thanks again!

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
thanks for the info gang!

mike: those aal/blocks look pretty good for what I want to do. I think I'm going to get those.

thanks again!
They are very nice, I run them. I was thinking of suggesting this as well, certainly from a shipping standpoint. the only issue is, you still have sag, and that will likely continue to get worse. and the zero rates are only good for 1". The AAL would have helped support those sagging springs, the zero will not.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Did you check with your local FLAPS to see what stock spring packs would cost if they came in their regular shipment? The online 4x4 shops aren't the only place to get replacement springs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts