Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Bronco, 4.9 inline, 5 speed mazda. skyjacker level coils + 4 shocks on 33x12.50 A/T on 15x10
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi yall, ive recently leveled my bronco and wondered if 1.5 add a leafs would rake to much? I pull a trailer full of pallets every weekend for a bonfire and my sway bar is removed so id also like some input on how the aal rides and if they help with sway / roll.
Thanks!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,994 Posts
I have them on my 85. But to match a six inch lift. They are 18 years old on 35 year old springs with no sway bars and 37s. So my experience is that my springs are super soft, like a Cadillac. Body roll is fairly substantial, but controllable. Due to age, mine squats pretty bad in the rear. Rides like a dream though haha

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
250 Posts
Get a swaybar if you want to reduce bodyroll, that's not the job of springs, contrary to internet legend.

The add a leafs will help, but a swaybar will do its job much more effectively. Also, good shocks will stop the whale wobble down the freeway.

I have had add a leafs on 2/3 of my broncos, they have lots of body roll unless you leave the swaybar intact, I rail onramps with minimal bodyroll (similar to the f350 4X4) at 25-30 but have 2 add a leafs and rear sway on the 95. My 78 (had 1 add a leaf) was fine until I pulled the swaybar, then as expected the bodyroll got much worse.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have add a leafs on my 4 inch lift 96 with 35s and sway bar intact. Initially it sat slightly down in the back which I didn't like so I swapped out the lift blocks for f150 blocks and it brought it up to slightly higher in the rear. It does not roll in corners or sway when a truck drives by. No Bronco is going to ride like a dream and most of us prefer that solid if slightly rough ride. At least I know I do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts