Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added a third row to the back of their Bronco? I am looking to bolt in a bench in the back. It needs to be removable. I want to be able to add two more seats, but yank them out when not needed.

Has anyone done this? Will old Jeep seats work? Is there a bood place to bolt them to? I assume that the best place is into the frame rails under the floor, right? I know I don't want to mess with the gas tank.

Thanks for any input or pics (if anyone has them).

Dain

By the way, I have a '96 if that matters.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
if you tied the mounts into hat channel that runs under the body, where the body mounts bolt to, it would be as strong as the rest of the seats. thats how the other seats mount too. just crawl under there, follow the hat channels and drill some holes thru the hat channel and then thru the floor, and make your mounts bolt there. a bronco seat with the seat belts built in (78 to like 92) should work, wont give you much leg room, but its for kids i hope right?

·
Not a dude
1,547 Posts
gr8dain said:
Has anyone added a third row to the back of their Bronco? I am looking to bolt in a bench in the back. It needs to be removable. I want to be able to add two more seats, but yank them out when not needed.

Has anyone done this? Will old Jeep seats work? Is there a bood place to bolt them to? I assume that the best place is into the frame rails under the floor, right? I know I don't want to mess with the gas tank.

Thanks for any input or pics (if anyone has them).

Dain

By the way, I have a '96 if that matters.
I have a 3rd row seat, the only thing is that no adult in their right mind would want to sit back there, but it's great for kids. :thumbup
We ordered ours from http://www.jatdesign.net/Vehicles/FordBronco/index.html

you won't find a price online, but if I remember right it was close to $600.00.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to get a hold of J.A.T. yesterday, but no luck. Number changed, then a fast busy every time I tried. I assumed they went belly up or something.

I think that I am going to pick up a wrangler seart ($25) off of Craigslist and get some seat belts. Then I will create some brackets. That's the plan anyway.

The JAT seat I saw, looked good, but $600 is a bit more than I want to spend on a 10 year old truck that I am looking to strip the interior out of soon (except for the seats anyway).

Thanks for the responses. I am going to try to work with the rails under the body.

And yes, it will be for the kids to sit back there.

Dain

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,339 Posts
a back seat from an EB might work as well....although they arent very big or comfy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve, I like the idea of the folding side mounted seats. I may look into that. The added bonus is that the two kids aren't sitting next to each other. Although they would have to look at each other.

BigBlue, I looked into that and thought about it, but the Jeep seats are a lot easier to find locally. THose guys like to buy the Jeep and throw the brand new seat out. I think I found one that was hardly used for $25. I will be looking at it tonight. And I will be shopping at JC Whitney for the belts I guess. Need to try to get this thing done this weekend. I think the hard part will be fabricating the brackets. Unless I go with Steve's idea. The pockets in my '96 stick out a little, but not much. That might speed up the removal of the interior bits.

Thanks everyone,

Dain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts