Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy bought a powdercoating setup. Here's the results with some plain gloss "pepsi" blue. I think it came nice since we're both new at this. The coloe is actually darker than the pics; more like a mailbox blue. He said he'd do some fancier colors as long as I buy the powder. When he gets everything geared up I think he's gonna go into business for himself.

I didn't do any prep work besides beadblasting and sweating the cover. The bolts are just painted with a couple coats of satin black I had lying around. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Not a fan of the color but, I would love to have a friend that had a powder-coating setup. He would make a killin' where I live.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Awesome! What kind of system is it? I really want to get one of the at-home deals where you use an old kitchen oven. No room in the garage at the moment. :banghead

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts
Thats exactly what I want, just no room for an oven.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gadawgz: the color is the best of what he had laying around at the moment. I'm thinking of something more like this:http://forum.caswellplating.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=499&cat=504

84Brian: My Bronco is black/tan

chebbykiller: he's got a simple hobbyist system and a household oven. He originally bought the system for his project truck('46 International 5-ton w/ a 24-valve Cummins swap). He's gonna try to build and oven big enough to do a whole truck frame. Right now a 17 inch rim is the biggest item he can coat.

We may try building a brick bigger enclosure and using the oven controls to run 7 or 8 oven heating elements so he could powdercoat an entire bumper or axle.

BTW Chebby, I used to live at 83rd and Bell right next door to McDuffy's.

·
Convicted Drunk Dialer
2,521 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did my pumpkin in Krylon Yellow on my White Bronco.
My Red Ram has a metalic blue one.
My F150 has a Krylon Silver and painted the front twin I beams orange and red just like they had in the 1986 Ford Truck Brochure.
My Marron F100 is just black so far and doesn't sit up high enough to notice.

I do it for shits and giggles.

Rog

1 - 12 of 12 Posts