Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a stock 1980 C6 transmission in my bronco and is really like to add a temperature gauge to it to keep an eye on things and i wanted to know is there a simple way to do this? like maby a factory port somewhere to just tap into or anything of that sort? and i know to get a truley good reading i need several gauges in different spots on the transmission but i just want a nice over view of how its all doing any info would be greatly appriciated thanks,sean

·
Registered
98 Posts
How about dropping the pan and drilling a hole and welding a bung for the sensor in the pan. chances are you need to change your filter anyways might as well kill 2 birds wtih 1 stone. Or if you want super simple install a T fitting at the cooler line befor it goes to the rad.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Or if you want super simple install a T fitting at the cooler line befor it goes to the rad.
If you go with this type of setup, make sure it's the pressure line, not the return line. Also, a T fitting at the trans would work, it would a bit harder to setup up than what was previously mentioned, but just as effective.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts