Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got an 83 Bronco with the 4.9l and manual 4 spd. It does not have air-conditioning but I currently have all the underhood components ready to install. I am just looking for a suitable evaporator.

I'm trying to find an evaporator that will fit the truck and I'd prefer to do it with a non-integrated (add-on) evaporator so I don't have to mess with the factory heater box and controls. Arizona mobile air has a bolt in kit but it is back ordered indefinitely. Bought4less.com has a kit but I can't just get the evaporator (which is all I need) their "basic kit" includes the evaporator, condenser, drier, switch and lines which I already have most of that.....and its $1350 without the compressor.

Does anyone know where to find a dealer installed (non-integrated) evaporator? I could head to the junk yard but if I can I'd rather buy new.

If I can't find an evaporator to fit with the factory heater box I am planning on ripping out the factory heater box and purchasing an all in one (heat, defrost, AC) unit from someplace like Vintage Air, something meant for a hotrod. I think that would be easier than trying to source all the components for a factory (integrated) in-dash set-up from the junkyard.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Super Moderator
26,051 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I need a whole evaporator, including the housing and the fan. Not just the core.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not sure where ur located but If ur anywhere near jersey I have a 94 parts truck u could come pull the ac stuff off if u need it. I'll give ya a good deal. Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts