Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one help me figure out how to add power mirrors to my 95 F150. I have tried the search feature and have come up empty. Steve83 has alot of diagrams, but im having a hard time decifering them:banghead I have power everything else other than mirrors!!! I have the switch for the power mirrors, the power mirrors, the pigtails that connect to the mirrors, and this is where i get lost! I want it to be a very clean and nice install, so i dont want to splice here and there unless i absolutly have too! I can provide as many pics as possible. Please help!! This is the final step so i can finally put the door panels back on for hopefully the last time in a long time!!

·
not banned
5,970 Posts
i have pics of doing it in my rebuild thread. link below.
if you have all the parts, it should be plug-n-play though. what specifically is stopping you?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let start off by saying sweet build!!! Then....the wiring is different on 92+ if im not mistaken. Also, i dont have any of those plugs under my dash, so i dont think mine was pre wired for power mirrors. I dont think its going to be fun or easy, but i can run the wires deep in the dash after i remove it to switch it out for the gray dash, so im hoping to work all this out by then.

·
Super Moderator
27,017 Posts

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,816 Posts
if you have all the parts, it should be plug-n-play though. what specifically is stopping you?
It is plug-n-play, i did it on my 96 F250. All i did was put the harnessess/mirrors in & changed the door switch.
If you dont have the harnesses, hit up a junkyard. The plugs should be there in the kickpanel, so it should just be a matter of adding the seperate harness inside the door. Look around for em, they gotta be in there somewhere.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
It is plug-n-play, i did it on my 96 F250. All i did was put the harnessess/mirrors in & changed the door switch.
If you dont have the harnesses, hit up a junkyard. The plugs should be there in the kickpanel, so it should just be a matter of adding the seperate harness inside the door. Look around for em, they gotta be in there somewhere.
I would agree with this statement based on the fact that our newer trucks were pre equipped with many electrical-ready things....I just did the Eddie Bauer overhead console. Total plug and play with the harness I bought from Stever83. The plug was right behind the drivers kick panel. Plug it in, bring it up behind/above the headliner, cut headliner for mounting the bronco OHC and first try everything worked. Oh and the temp sensor dummy was wired and ready up front.

So, if you have the actual power window switches sitting there, it's just a matter of the harness. Why don't you post a few pics of what you have at this point?

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
I'm also 99% sure it is plug and play. You say there is no plug under the dash? Have you checked behind the door panel?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Take a look here:

http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/fullsizebronco/registry/media/560656_1

note where it is saying these plugs are in the drivers kick panel? Don't worry about the fact this is '96 and has the signals. I suspect it's about the same or is the same plug, you just may not have the turn signal indicator wirings, but the plugs for the wiring for the mirror/motors should all be there. so look for plugs that look like that after pulling the kick panel (may have to also pull the aluminum ebrake plate, but that's easy). Next those plugs and then look at the color of the wires going in, they should match steve's diagram, maybe you'd be missing position 6 on each side which is for the turn signal indicator.

Edit: Wiring is an interesting deal with mass produced vehicles. I don't know about other makes, but I'd say Ford figured out that the path of least cost was to produce our Fseries trucks all with the same basic wiring harness. So we have wiring sitting there that may never be used since it was meant for a truck that had more options. In the end though, trying to produce 20+ different harnesses for the same F series was just way more cost than having it all sitting there, same thing, for each vehicle. THen plug in the options based on trim level.

dble edit: Probably also why ford would prefer you buy a truck with the most options possible. they get little margins on all the junk, and hey, the wiring was already there anyway.

Here's a bit more for you...my take is I see 5 wires total, but then there will be a split from your drivers side door control panel. there will be a left/right that will initially direct power to either of the 2 plugs depending on selection of L or R. the actual control beyond that is the same....left/right mirror motor movement, up/down movement and optional turn signal. So I can easily see the harness from the control panel down to the plugs (should be drivers kick). From there wiring over to passenger side. On second thought though, you might have to pull the drivers door panel...would be strange to go to the kick panel plug and then back into the door (mirrors mounted on doors so drivers side mirror should have wiring right up to mirror, no kick panel plug.

·
Super Moderator
27,017 Posts
yo, In following that I posted above,
Justin wrote;
"I knew from looking through Steve83’s diagrams that I was looking for a W/LB and LG/W wire for the turn signals. I popped the passenger kick panel off and lo and behold, I see an empty connector that is for, I assume, a 96 w/ signal mirrors. I turn my hazards on, break the test light out and sure enough, those are the two I want. I must say that I was pretty happy to find that because I was apprehensive about splicing into the MFS harness at the column. I cut the plug off and the W/LB wire is for the Passenger side signal and the LG/W wire is for the driver side signal.

This plug:
I’m not sure if there is another one of those on the driver side, but I just ran the driver side signal over here and used both of the wires since it was so damn convenient. There was a ground right under that harness that I used for both signals (in the first pic, it is what is grounding my test light)..."
read more

yo,
Mirror, Outside Flag-Mount w/Turn Signal LED Installation in a 96; "...I came across a kit from sharkracing.com ..."
Source: by Justin R at http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174772

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the drivers side. These are the only wires that are coming thru the boot that seperates the doors and the cab.

This is the passenger, same as the driver, wires for the PW, PL, speaker, and door panel light.

passenger kick panel. connector on top is brown and black. Bottom connector is green w/ yellow stripe and the other is black w/ a baby blue stripe.

Passenger kick panel. I still dont see enough wires there. Im starting to feel that im going to have to retro them in.

What the hell are these two plugs for??? Im under the dash and i noticed that they were unplugged and i honestly have no idea what they are for!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well the one on the right is for your trailer brake controller. And the one on the left, not 100% sure but it kinda looks like the one for the door ajar warning chime/ key in chime

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone else here have any ideas? Could i have the only F150 without a pre wired electric mirror option? I have ordered the shark racing LED turnsignals for my truck and all i need now is to figure out how to wire up the electric mirrors and i can button up the doors and put on the door panels.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The chime isn't intregrated into the cluster like on newer trucks. It is a seperate module that is under the dash.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone else have any ideas on what i need? I want to swap out the dash this saturday, and that would be the prefect time to run wires and get it all figured out. Thanks guys!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts