Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 with AOD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all. I just picked up a ‘89 full size and was given given a external spare tire mount with it however it does not have the latch that mounts on the tailgate. The previous owner said the tailgate was replaced and so it doesn’t have the mounting holes in it either. I was wondering if anyone on here has made a latch or mounted one to a tailgate that previously didn’t not have one. I haven’t been able to find the latch anywhere! Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
29,093 Posts
Yo Kasey,
Welcome!

For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.
If a specific part isn't listed, search again for the next higher assembly, such as in this instance, the tailgate.

Search: 1989 >Ford > Bronco > Rear Body > Trunk Hatch Tailgate > 01592B Heated

Unfortunately, their photos aren't appearing right now.

And, I had to remove your WTB Post in our Classified section because our rules require 75 non-padded posts to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members too many times. Not that we think you're in that category but we need to apply rules fairly.

Swing-Away Interchange; "...The outside tire carrier will swap bewteen year models, although there are slight styling differences for later models. Only a real Bronco guru will notice the difference in the center-plate width and added bracing on later models. All of the carrier use a tailgate support bracket, so if your rear quarters have the holes the tailgate may have been swapped out (likely due to common rust issues). You can install just the inner support bracket for the tailgate and drill holes thru the skin if you really want to use the outside carrier. Just my $0.02, it's a bad design that puts too much stress on the rear quarter panel, even with a stock tire. I've seen many panels get crumpled or damaged from the carrier swinging out too far. I've purchased a few used carriers for $30-$40 to cut up into tube doors, so that will give you a ballpark figure for the yard..."
Source: by justshootme84 (Randy Z, Casual Mudder) Rest in Peace friend...

□¤□
Here's the 1989 Ford Bronco EVTM, Emissions (yellowish/red book cover) & Pre-Delivery Manuals, Partial via mrnewland1 in Google Drive @
1989 Service manual - Google Drive
Slow scrolling, so download for faster viewing and to see the table of contents, the search feature, etc.

1989 Ford Bronco Dealer Brochure

1989 Bronco Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary

Register with VIN to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

For any Bronco questions, it's better to post each seperately in Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone. This will get more attention and you can build up your post count to get into other sections such as Bronco and Ford Parts/Accessories (75 posts required to participate due to scammers who preyed on our members).

To save you time and for better responses, please fill out your Bronco info with location, year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. .
Bronco info is now able to be put under your user name.
Click your profile button in the top right and go to account settings.

On that first page, named Account Details, scroll down to "Vehicle Info" and type in up to 100 characters.

Now you can simply enter your information in the text editor and click save.

Forum FAQs includes for example, How to Use Search. How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts, How To Upload Images To Posts and more tips!

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) includes such as, How do I fix my back window?

Please Find time to participate and Vote in our Full-Size Bronco of the Month Contest (soon to be renamed to, ... of the Quarterr Contest) & ONGOING Full-Size of the Year Contest @ Voting
You will get ideas by those competing.
Also see the prizes!

Al

1 - 2 of 2 Posts