Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really sure how to phrase what i'm wondering, so i'm just going to explain the problem.

Most of the time, the person riding in the passenger seat of my bronco is my 9yr old daughter. She's a tough chick for her age, but the button on the door is a bit hard for her to push to open the door. She's got to use both thumbs and even then sometimes I've got to get the door for her.

Is there a way to adjust the tension or pressure needed to push that to open the door? Or am i just out of luck and should be opening the door for a lady anyway, since it is the gentlemanly thing to do.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Probably the only thing you can do is to take the door panel off and lube the latch and all the linkage.
^^^ Yep. This is one of the first things I do when I get a new old vehicle. Lube all hinges, latches, locks, etc...

White lithium spray grease is your friend. (Graphite in the lock cylinders).

·
Registered
642 Posts
Pardon ny ignorance but, isn't it a handle to open the door?? :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm new, but I agree with a good cleaning!!!

When I bought my 84' a few months ago, the PO had lost the door keys. I pulled the cylinder and a local locksmith cut a key. The linkage was so gummed up on the passenger side from lack of use the key wouldn't work. Liberal application of gun oil and a toothbrush scrubbing got it working smooth as butter. Button was much better afterwards as well.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,663 Posts
Or am i just _________ and should be opening the door for a lady anyway, since it is the gentlemanly thing to do.
:stupid Adjust and lube as needed but then... refer back to gentlemanly code.
You are her father and all men she meets in the whole of her life, will be measured against you and the impression you leave her with. Make 'em work for it by being a MAN and treating a girl/woman like a LADY.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts